The commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, May 17, 2024, at 10:30 a.m. on the Rockville campus.
Graduates may claim two (2) guest tickets. One (1) additional ticket may become available in April. This additional ticket will be first come, first served until all available guest seats under the tent are reserved. Commencement tickets are required for all guests, including children, to sit under the commencement tent. Graduates will receive information on claiming their guest tickets in March.
Graduates may invite an unlimited number of guests to watch the ceremony livestream from three alternate viewing locations on the Rockville campus. Tickets are not needed to view from an alternate location.
Alternate viewing locations: Physical Education Center Small Gym (PE137), the Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center (PAC), and the Theatre Arts Arena (TA).
Livestreaming will be available on this webpage for those who cannot attend in person.
Graduation is the completion of all degree requirements as recorded on the official transcript. Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates the completion of a degree.
Only students who have applied for graduation and have met the specific requirements for their declared major in the summer or fall of 2023 or the spring of 2024 may participate in the commencement ceremony. The graduation application does not automatically register you for participating in commencement. A separate registration process takes place for qualified students who are interested in participating in the commencement ceremony. If you have eligibility questions, please contact your campus coordinator:
To participate in the ceremony, you should be a summer or fall graduate or are qualified to graduate in spring that applied for graduation and received your eligibility confirmation. You will then be cleared to receive information to participate.
- Open period for online graduation application: spring, October 2–February 15.
- Summer and fall 2023 graduates, as well as potential graduates for spring 2024, will receive emails containing important information including deadlines, a link for in-person graduate participation, guest tickets as well as a link to their StageClip portal will be sent to graduates in mid-March. Summer and fall graduates will be also be sent a letter via U.S. mail to the address on file to remind them to check their College email for important commencement updates.
- The StageClip site will open on March 13, 2024. All eligible graduates will receive an email with instructions to log in to StageClip for uploading content (photos, messages, videos). Graduates will have until midnight on May 10, 2024, to upload their photos, videos, and messages. On May 11, 2024, the content will move over to production. No additional content can be added or changed after May 11, 2024.
- There will also be a separate link to indicate if you will be participating in person and to claim your guest tickets. Graduates will have until April 26, 2024, to respond.
If you do not submit a photo, video, and/or message to personalize your clip, one with your name, degree, and honors (if you met the requirements) will be created on your behalf for the graduate roll call.
Yes. The cap and gown are recommended but are not mandatory for your StageClip.
Regalia is required if you participate in person.
Graduates can purchase regalia (cap, gown, tassel) and honor cords from any of the campus bookstoresnew window beginning at the end of March. You can also order directly from Jostensnew window. Click on graduation caps and gowns and then on student home ship. It will be mailed directly to your home.
Contact your campus coordinator for information about PTK stole distribution.
Diploma frames can be pre-ordered herenew window, beginning at the end of March. You will also be able to place an order at one of the campus Grad Fairs in April.
After certifications have been completed in the summer, you will receive correspondence regarding your diploma.
Yes. Graduates will be able to purchase regalia, meet with a Jostens representative to order rings, announcements, etc., order a diploma frame from the Alumni, and get a formal photo taken. There will also be other activities for graduates to participate in April and May. Check your College email frequently for graduate information.
- Germantown – Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 11 a.m. -1 p.m.
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring - Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 11 a.m. -1 p.m.
- Rockville – Thursday, April 11, 2024, 1-4 p.m.
There is no location beyond your own seat where guests may take photos of graduates. If you need to stand to get your shot, we ask that you do so briefly so as not to block others' view of the ceremony. Commencement guests will be prohibited from taking pictures or videotaping from locations near the platform. Arrangements have been made by a professional photography company to take a picture as each graduate crosses the stage. Graduates will get one complimentary photo and the opportunity to purchase additional packages.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Office of Special Events at email@example.com. An events staff member will get back to you shortly.
2023 Social Wall
Use #MCGrad2023 on Instagram and X for the option to be featured on the MC commencement social wall
(Hover over photos below to read messages.)