Fuel for Success Food Campaign
It's our mission to ensure that no student goes hungry. Our mobile food markets and campus food pantries are here to help, and there are additional community resources to assist students in need.
We urge any student who has difficulty accessing sufficient food to eat every day, or who lacks a safe and stable place to live, to contact the Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, please notify your professors if you are comfortable in doing so. This will enable the professor to provide any resources that they may possess. We know this can affect performance in your classes and Montgomery College is committed to your success.
Mobile Markets are running on a reduced schedule due to the coronavirus situation. See the Food Assistance Provider Resources List (PDF, ) for help.
The Mobile Market provides fresh fruits, vegetables, and other foods to MC students, faculty/staff, and the community. The food is distributed on campus at no cost. All you need to do is check the schedule for the campus convenient to you, bring your bags to carry your groceries, and pick up some food.
No proof of eligibility is required. Food is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Mobile Market is a partnership between Montgomery College and the Capital Area Food Bank. If you're interested in volunteering with the Mobile Market, please fill out the volunteer form.
Mobile Market Food Distribution Dates and Guidelines
- Please follow staff's onsite instruction.
- When you arrive on campus, THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO EXIT YOUR VEHICLE.
- One Box Per Vehicle.
- You will not be serviced if you are not wearing a mask.
- Staff will ask demographic information and hand you produce. Exit the distribution area upon receipt.
- Masks are required at all times during the distribution. We will adhere to social distance guidelines and make every effort to remain at least 6 feet away from others.
2021-2022 Mobile Market Dates
Mobile markets take place on the following Wednesdays from 2 – 4 p.m.:
Location: Outside the Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard Student Affairs and Science Building (SA)/Bus Circle (Inclement weather: BE Circle)
Location: North Garage
Location: East Garage (EG)
Campus Food Pantries are now open. See the dates and times by opening the accordion.
Each of the three main campuses has a pantry stocked with snacks, food, personal hygiene products, and household items. As an MC student, you are welcome to pick up a snack to carry you through your next class and to take a few items home.
Location: Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard Student Affairs and Science Building, SA149
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Long Nguyen and Kimmy Duong Student Services Center, SV316
Hours: Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Resource Center (Library), RC105
- Monday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Fridays: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Pavilion 4 (P4), Institute for Race, Justice, and Civic Engagement
Hours: Go to Charlene R. Nunley Student Services Center, ST306, between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The food pantries are continually in need of snack foods as well as nonperishable items that can be taken home. Suggestions are listed below for anyone who would like to donate items.
Canned and Jarred Goods
- Beans, vegetables, fruits, soups, spaghetti sauce, meats, tuna fish, salmon, Vienna sausages, apple sauce, fruit cocktail
- Cooking oil, shortening sticks
- Condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, spices
- Peanut butter, jams, jellies
- Rice, beans, peas, soup mixes, spaghetti, pasta, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs
- Instant scalloped and mashed potatoes
- Flour, sugar, cake mix, muffin mix, pancakes mix, dried milk, boxes of cereal
- Baby formula and baby food
- Bottled and canned beverages
- Plates, cups, napkins
- Paper towels, tissues
- Toilet paper
Personal Hygiene Products
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Shampoo (hotel samples are perfect)
- Sanitary products
- Soaps, deodorants
Microwaveable, Ready to Eat Food:
- Individually packaged dinners, meat or vegetarian individual meal servings
- Macaroni and cheese mixes, soups, oatmeal packets
- Breads, rolls, bagels (not more than a day old), potatoes
- Dried fruits, raisins, nuts in small packages
- Fruit snacks, Pop Tarts, fruit cups, pudding
- Crackers (small packets of cheese or peanut butter), granola bars, pretzels
- Bags of assorted chips, pretzels, cheese balls, popcorn, etc.
- Apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, pears, peaches, plums
- Instant coffee, teabags, sugar, creamer, individual packets of hot chocolate
- Juice boxes
- Bottled water, canned beverages, juices
- Laundry detergent, dish soap, cleansers
- Paper and plastic shopping bags
See the Montgomery County Food Assistance Resource Directory (PDF, ) for a complete listing of community resources for food.
- SHARE Food Network Program (Associated with Catholic Charities and the Knights of Malta). 301-864-3115. For $19 and two volunteer hours, participants can receive a food package valued at $50. 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.
- MANNA Food. 301-424-1130. Offers choice pantries and mobile pantries across Montgomery County. 9311 Gaither Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
- First Baptist Church of Silver Spring. 301-585-5454. Food provided to families of Montgomery County twice per month. 8915 Fenton Street, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
- HELP Food Pantries. 301-294-4888. Three day food supply provided once per month. Various locations throughout Montgomery County, including Bethesda, Damascus, Germantown, Olney, and Rockville.
- Celestial Manna. 240-350-1456. Offers free food to Montgomery County residents Contact: Charlie Mann, Monday through Friday 12:30 p.m. – 4:40 p.m.
Find additional social services available in the community.
Refueling Stations are tabled stations filled with hearty and nutritious snacks for students to get, no questions asked.
Find all the Refueling Stations using the Campus Maps.
2021-2022 Refueling Station Dates
Refueling Stations are open on the following campuses from noon – 2 p.m.:
Location: BE Atrium
Location: SC Atrium
Location: SN Atrium