Raptor Ready $500 Scholarship: Montgomery College to Provide $500 Tuition Scholarship to 2023 Spring Montgomery County High School Graduates
- March 8, 2023
- News Articles
Montgomery College is providing a $500 tuition scholarship to Montgomery County residents who are spring 2023 graduates from a Montgomery County high school and are taking at least six MC credit hours this fall. The $500 “Raptor Ready” scholarship may only be applied to fall 2023 tuition and fees, and the application MUST be completed by August 1, 2023. The first 1,500 eligible applicants will be considered for the scholarship with all others added to a waitlist. The scholarship cannot be used for any other semester.
“The Raptor Ready Scholarship is designed to help launch the educational path for thousands of students,” said Dr. Jermaine F. Williams, president of Montgomery College. “If you’re a spring 2023 high school grad, have been admitted to MC, and a county resident – you are Raptor Ready.”
In order to get the scholarship, students need to:
- Be a spring 2023 Montgomery County high school graduate (through June 2023) and a Montgomery County resident; home school and private high school graduation are included (proof of graduation and residency for all students are required)
- Be admitted to Montgomery College prior to applying for the Raptor Ready Scholarship
- Complete the Raptor Ready Scholarship application online at Raptor Ready by August 1, 2023
- Register for and attend 6 credit hours in the fall 2023 semester at Montgomery College (this includes equivalent credit hours, such as developmental classes)
- The first eligible 1,500 applicants will be considered for the scholarship; all others will be placed on a wait list
- Visiting students who are attending other colleges and universities in fall 2023 are not eligible for the scholarship
- A financial aid application (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] or the Maryland State Financial Aid Application [MSFAA]) is not required for this scholarship, but these and the MC Foundation Scholarship application are highly recommended for many other available financial aid awards
For more information, prospective students and their families can visit the Montgomery College website.