Dr. Elena Saenz
Dr. Elena Saenz serves as the liaison to internal and external communities leading programs and spearheading academic affairs initiatives. Elena serves as a chief advisor to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs on vision, leadership, direction, and coordination of Academic Affairs. She leads mission-critical projects and programs and provides leadership and oversight to ensure the accomplishment of academic affairs goals. Dr. Saenz is responsible for the College's articulation and transfer, dual enrollment, and closing the achievement gap initiatives, including the Achieving the Promise Academy and the Paraeducator Program in partnership with MCPS. Dr. Saenz is the College's primary liaison to the Montgomery County Public School System and the University System of Maryland. Dr. Saenz supports strategic planning, research, budgeting, policy development, and project management within academic affairs.
Dr. Saenz earned her doctorate of education in community college leadership at Morgan State University. Her dissertation centered on the differences between Latino students and other students related to their academic experiences at the community college. This research reflects her commitment to our students and the College.
- Rita Dodson, Executive Associate II
- Justin Edgar, Articulation and Transfer Program Manager
- Joshua Messite, Research Analyst
- Gigi Papillero, Executive Associate I
- Angela Rhoe, Director of Academic Alliances
- Akima Rogers, Director of Academic Initiatives
- Zeporia Smith, Director of the MCPS CREATE Paraprofessionals and Teacher Education Initiative
- Nik Sushka, Director of the Achieving the Promise Academy (ATPA)