Dr. Elena Saenz
Dr. Saenz provides leadership in expanding and enhancing external partnerships as well as providing leadership to achieve greater student success through efficiency, accountability, and mission-focused action. She will focus on further expanding the strong relationship with Montgomery County Public Schools as well as strengthen the College’s relationships with four-year institutions. Dr. Saenz provides leadership for Articulation, Transfer, and Academic Services; Dual Enrollment; Achieving the Promise Academy; Middle and Early College; the Montgomery County Public Schools Partnership Program for Support Professionals; and multiple external partnership efforts.
Dr. Saenz leads the College’s effort in implementing alternative measures of assessment and the implementation of Academic Master Plan Initiative 5 – Enhancing Student Pathways from MCPS and to USG. She coordinated the College’s successful bid for the MCPS Partnership Program for Support Professionals Pursuing Teaching Certification RFP, and she will provide leadership in this area. She serves on several statewide leadership roles including chairing the statewide effort on Guided Pathways and as a member of the statewide team looking at alternative measures of assessment.
Dr. Saenz earned her doctorate in education in community college leadership at Morgan State University, where her dissertation centered on the differences between Latino students and other students as related to their academic experiences at the community college. This research reflects her commitment to our students and the College.
Meet the Team
- Amy Crowley, Director of Academic Initiatives
- Rita Dodson, Executive Associate II
- Ja'Bette Lozupone, Director of Achieving the Promise Academy
- Joshua Messite, Data and Assessment Coordinator
- Gigi Papillero, Executive Associate I
- Angela Rhoe, Interim Director of External Partnerships, Articulation, and Student Success
- Akima Rogers, Associate Director of Academic Initiatives and Dual Enrollment Manager