STEM Scholars Program
The STEM Scholars Program is a selective honors program for students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) at Montgomery College. These students are highly motivated and strive for excellence in their fields of study. STEM Scholars pursue a rigorous curriculum of honors courses with opportunities to participate in undergraduate research and internships. STEM Scholars work closely with honors faculty mentors and advisors on transfer strategies, scholarship applications, and career planning.
STEM Scholars will:
- Experience undergraduate research and/or internships
- Present at academic conferences or professional meetings
- Explore career paths and educational opportunities in STEM fields
- Build a strong resume for transfer, internship, and scholarship opportunities
- Receive “Honors Program” designation on academic transcripts upon completion of at least 15 honors credits in multiple disciplines
- Declared STEM major
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least 12 MC credits with a GPA of 3.4 or higher in transfer-level
classes, including ENGL 101/101A with a grade of A or B
- SAT Math score of 650 or higher, eligibility for ENGL 102, and a minimum high school GPA of 3.5, unweighted
- Completion of at least 12 MC credits with a GPA of 3.4 or higher in transfer-level classes, including ENGL 101/101A with a grade of A or B
Montgomery College's STEM Scholars Program has a limited number of scholarships available to eligible students for the fall and spring semesters. Each scholarship will cover the cost of tuition of a three-, four-, or five-credit honors class at the in-county rate. Scholarship applications for fall semesters typically become available in April and applications for spring semesters typically become available in November. Scholarship funds will be awarded in the form of a credit to the student's MC account, and will be disbursed the third week of the semester the scholarship is awarded.
The Fall 2023 Scholarship Applicationnew window is now open. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all funds have been awarded.
In addition to the above Program Eligibility requirements, students applying for the Fall 2023 scholarship must also be:
- Enrolled in at least one honors course/module for Fall 2023
- Enrolled in at least six credits for Fall 2023
- Students already receiving another MC scholarship (Board of Trustees, Montgomery Scholars, Macklin Business Institute) are not eligible.
- Students on a F1 visa are not eligible for the scholarship.
For more information, email STEMScholars@montgomerycollege.edu.
STEM Scholars Program Advising
The STEM Scholars Program Advising Appointment Pagenew window is now live! To make an appointment, follow these steps:
- Open the STEM Scholars Program Advising Appointment Pagenew window in your browser
- Choose the length of your meeting: 15 minutes for a quick question, 30 or 60 minutes for an advising session
- Choose an available time on the calendar
- Add your name and email and click "Book"
- Check your email for your meeting confirmation
All meetings will be virtual via Microsoft Teams.