STEM Scholars Program
The STEM Scholars Program is a selective honors program for students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) at Montgomery College. These students are highly motivated and strive for excellence in their fields of study. STEM Scholars pursue a rigorous curriculum of honors courses with opportunities to participate in undergraduate research and internships. STEM Scholars work closely with honors faculty mentors and advisors on transfer strategies, scholarship applications, and career planning.
STEM Scholars will:
- Experience undergraduate research and/or internships
- Present at academic conferences or professional meetings
- Explore career paths and educational opportunities in STEM fields
- Build a strong resume for transfer, internship, and scholarship opportunities
- Receive “Honors Program” designation on academic transcripts upon completion of at least 15 honors credits in multiple disciplines
- Declared STEM major
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least 12 MC credits with a GPA of 3.4 or higher in transfer-level classes, including ENGL 101 or ENGL101/011 with a grade of A or B
- SAT Math score of 650 or higher, eligibility for ENGL 102, and a minimum high school GPA of 3.5, unweighted
- The Spring 2021 application is closed. The Fall 2021 application will be available in April 2021. If you would like to be notified when the application opens, please complete this notification formnew window.
For more information, email STEMScholars@montgomerycollege.edu.