STEM Scholars Program
The STEM Scholars Program is a selective honors program for students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) at Montgomery College. These students are highly motivated and strive for excellence in their fields of study. STEM Scholars pursue a rigorous curriculum of honors courses with opportunities to participate in undergraduate research and internships. STEM Scholars work closely with honors faculty mentors and advisors on transfer strategies, scholarship applications, and career planning.
STEM Scholars will:
- Experience undergraduate research and/or internships
- Present at academic conferences or professional meetings
- Explore career paths and educational opportunities in STEM fields
- Build a strong resume for transfer, internship, and scholarship opportunities
- Complete at least 15 credits in Honors in multiple disciplines
- Receive “Honors Program” designation on academic transcripts.
- Declared STEM major
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least 12 MC credits with a GPA of 3.4 or higher in transfer-level classes, including ENGL 101 or ENGL 101A with a grade of A or B
- SAT Math score of 650 or higher, eligibility for ENGL 102, and a minimum high school GPA of 3.5, unweighted
- printable MC STEM Scholars Spring 2020 Scholarship Application (PDF, )
Online Applicationnew window
- printable MC STEM Scholars Spring 2020 Scholarship recommendation form (PDF, )
Online Recommendation Formnew window
For more information, email STEMScholars@montgomerycollege.edu.