STEM Scholars Program
The STEM Scholars Program is a selective honors program for students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) at Montgomery College. These students are highly motivated and strive for excellence in their fields of study. STEM Scholars pursue a rigorous curriculum of honors courses with opportunities to participate in undergraduate research and internships. STEM Scholars work closely with honors faculty mentors and advisors on transfer strategies, scholarship applications, and career planning.
STEM Scholars will:
- Experience undergraduate research and/or internships
- Present at academic conferences or professional meetings
- Explore career paths and educational opportunities in STEM fields
- Build a strong resume for transfer, internship, and scholarship opportunities
- Receive “Honors Program” designation on academic transcripts upon completion of at least 15 honors credits in multiple disciplines
- Declared STEM major
- Enrolled in at least one honors course/module for Fall 2021
- Enrolled in at least six credits for Fall 2021
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least 12 MC credits with a GPA of 3.4 or higher in transfer-level
classes, including ENGL 101/101A with a grade of A or B
- SAT Math score of 650 or higher, eligibility for ENGL 102, and a minimum high school GPA of 3.5, unweighted
- Completion of at least 12 MC credits with a GPA of 3.4 or higher in transfer-level classes, including ENGL 101/101A with a grade of A or B
Montgomery College's STEM Scholars Program has a limited number of scholarships for the Spring 2022 semester. Each scholarship will cover the cost of tuition of a three-, four-, or five-credit honors class at the in-county rate. All applications received by December 20, 2021 will receive full consideration. Applications received after December 20, 2021 will be reviewed if funds for awards are still available. Scholarship funds will be awarded in the form of a credit to the student's MC account, and will be disbursed the third week of the Spring 2022 semester.
Students already receiving another MC scholarship (Board of Trustees, Montgomery Scholars, Macklin Business Institute, or Renaissance Scholars) are not eligible. Students on a F1 visa are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Spring 2022 scholarship applicationnew window
For more information, email STEMScholars@montgomerycollege.edu.