The ELITE Faculty Showcase is an annual event that highlights faculty members’ work around a specific theme. Each showcase features faculty from different disciplines sharing their research, innovative strategies, classroom experiences, and lessons learned. This year’s showcase will feature dynamic presentations from your MC Colleagues as they share how they collaborate with students, colleagues in other departments, and community partners to enhance their work.
- Elizabeth Kirby, Counseling/Advising, A Student Partnership to Decolonize an Online Course
- Darryl Lesesne, Business, Communicating Culture in a Business / STEM Collegiate Curriculum
- Angela Nissing, ELAP, Collaborating with the College Community to Transform the ESL Placement Process
- Heather Bruce Satrom, ELAP, History in the Making: Documenting Stories of Immigrant and Refugee Students at Montgomery College
- Tara Tetrault, Anthropology, Partnering with Descendant Communities: Investigating the Dorsey Site- An 1874 African-American Farm in Sugarland, Maryland
Additionally, highlights and key takeaways will be continually shared on The Hub's Faculty Showcasenew window page over the course of the year, providing a platform for extended recognition and sharing of best practices.
Let's continue to foster a community where we all work, learn, and grow together!
Have questions, you can contact Dr. Angela Lanier.