Activities and Events
Ireland and the United Kingdom
Thursday, October 17, 2019, 2–4 p.m.
Rockville Campus, Technical Center 136
MC Faculty/Staff Professional Development Findings and Student Study Abroad Scholar Studies
- Communications student, Andrew Axelsson’s, “Ireland/England 2019: Expand Your World”
- Instructional Designer, Angela Lanier’s, “Connecting Integrative Learning and Study Abroad”
- Biology student, Saara Muthaliff’s, "An Analysis of Literature in the United Kingdom and the United States"
- Associate Professor of Criminal Justice, Ginger Robinson, JD, "Exploring Injustice: The United Kingdom/United States Special Relationship"
- Program Leader and Professor of English and Literature, Emily Rosado’s Reflections on leading a short-term Study Abroad program in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Computer Science student, Lindsay Ruckdeschel’s, “Parliament in the United Kingdom”
- Engineer student, Aqeel Muthaliff's "Shakespeare Theater vs. Current Theater"
- and more!
This event qualifies for meeting a “cultural diversity training requirement." Inquiries may be sent directly to Gregory.Malveaux.
Fall Symposium on Faculty-Led Study Abroad
Friday, November 22, 2019, 1–4:15 p.m.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Considering leading a study abroad program? Already a study abroad faculty leader or international education professional interested in discussing innovative and collaborative approaches to faculty-led programming? Participate in the MIEC-MCCIEC Faculty-Led Study Abroad Symposium this fall!
The symposium is offered jointly by the Maryland International Education Consortium (MIEC) and the Maryland Community College International Education Consortium (MCCIEC) and is designed for faculty, staff, and administrators throughout the state who are engaged in or interested in education abroad.
Register online by October 29. The $10 fee includes the full program, free parking and hors d’oeuvres. Registrants will receive arrival and check-in information by e-mail prior to the event. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com.