Biotechnology Boot Camp
Marylanders - Get Ready to Embark on Your Biotech Industry Journey
The application period is now closed.
Montgomery College is pleased to conduct another free-of-cost, four-week (64 hours) biotechnology boot camp December 12-22, 2022 & January 9-20, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Germantown Campus. The initiative, sponsored by a State of Maryland EARN grant and WorkSource Montgomery, is ideal for those who seek a new career, change of career or are unemployed. The industry-reviewed lecture and hands-on laboratory workshop provide intensive skill-set training for entry-level biomanufacturing jobs.
The Life Sciences industry is heavily regulated given that products are developed to enter the human body. Working in this industry requires keen attention to detail and preciseness, methodical practices, carefully following directions and adherence to safety protocols (including proper gowning in laboratories), along with exceptional observation, and documentation skills.
Biotechnology Boot Camp Announcement
Biotechnology Boot Camp, an in-depth description of the program and other incentives to support the transition of boot camp graduates to biotech firms. Read more in the Biotechnology Boot Camp In-depth summary flyer (PDF, ) .
Biotechnology Boot Camp
Is the MC Biotechnology Boot Camp for you?
- Step #1. Please take the Boot Camp Self Screening Assessment Tool (PDF, ) . You will learn:
- What is the MC Biotech Boot Camp?
- Who is eligible to apply?
- What are the expectations?
- What are the possible benefits?
- What are the steps to apply?
- Step #2. Are you ready to apply?
- Fill out the Pre-Registration Biotechnology Boot Camp formnew window. You will need to upload your resume with the form.
- Please note that space is limited. Filling out this form does not guarantee admittance to the Boot Camp.
- After you submit the form, watch for an email with further instructions. A zoom meeting invitation will be sent to selected candidates after evaluating the completed registration form.
After the "successful" completion of the Boot Camp training, the participants will undergo resume writing/interview preparation workshop to make them ready to face the biotech employers. Successful bootcamp graduates will have their resumes presented to local biotech companies for review and possible interview opportunities. Participating area biotech companies include Millipore Sigma, AstraZeneca, Quality Biological and ORIGene.