Awards and Honors
The Challenge and Graduate Transition Programs at Montgomery College provide excellence in Developmental Education and Workforce Access. The program, faculty and staff are highly qualified and have earned some well deserved honors.
- Karla Nabors, program director, was presented the Montgomery County 2002 Margit Meissner Transition In Excellence Award for her work with the Graduate Transition Program at Montgomery College.
- Richard Nalley was awarded the Montgomery College Outstanding Faculty Award in 2002.
- The Graduate Transition Program is the proud recipient of the 2007 Community College Future Assembly Bellwether Award. Recognized as one of the top ten programs in the nation.
- Emily Ackerman was awarded the Montgomery College Outstanding Faculty Award in 2013.
- Stephanie Solyst was awarded the Montgomery College Outstanding Faculty Award in 2015.
- Karla Nabors was awarded the first Montgomery College Staff of the Year Award in 2016.
- Hannah Tolker was recognized by Montgomery College for Teaching Excellence and Professionalism in May, 2019.