The Women’s and Gender Studies Program at Montgomery College offers several scholarships of at least $500 to eligible students each spring. Applicants must be taking or have taken Women’s and Gender Studies Courses. Women’s and Gender Studies Courses include ENGL 208, GNDS 101, GNDS 102, HIST 112, HIST 228, HLTH 215, MGMT 235, PHED 155, PHED 156, PHED 163, PHIL 212, PHIL 218, PSYC 207, SOCY 110, SOCY 208, SOCY 211, SOCY 214, SOCY 233, WSMT 101, Honors Modules of these classes, and Honors classes that focus on women and/or gender.
The following factors are considered while reviewing scholarship applications and determining scholarship awardees:
- Must be enrolled in courses at Montgomery College during the 2021 Spring Semester
- Must be taking or have taken Women’s and Gender Studies courses (see above)*
- Campus leadership or community leadership in women’s, gender-related or other socially-conscious programs
- Excellent academic performance
- Excellent performance in career-related or volunteer activities
- Goals related to women’s and gender causes or other humanitarian/activist causes
- Demonstration of need (family, personal, or economic)
- A completed Women’s and Gender Studies Scholarship Student Application Form
- A completed Women’s and Gender Studies Scholarship Faculty Recommendation Form
You must be available to attend the Annual Women's and Gender Studies Program Scholarship Reception in March 2021 or provide a video testimonial to use for a virtual award ceremony depending on the state of public health.
For questions, contact Dr. Leah Sneider, College-wide Teaching and Curriculum Coordinator for Women's and Gender Studies Program, CC217D, Rockville Campus. Telephone number: 240-567-4354. Email address: email@example.com.
Complete the 2021 Scholarship Application and the Faculty Recommendation Forms:WGS Scholarship Application Form WGS Scholarship Faculty Recommendation Form
Thank you for supporting the Women’s and Gender Studies Program and the MC Foundation Student Scholarship Program. See printable instructions (PDF, ) .
If you are using a check, please make it payable to the Montgomery College Foundation with a note “Women’s Studies Scholarship Fund” and mail it to the following mailing address:
Attn. Genevieve Carminati
51 Mannakee Street, MT/212E
Rockville, MD 20850
Alternatively you can pay through the MC Foundation donation page. Instructions:
- Please select "Other" from the "Select an area of support" drop down menu, and
- fill in the "special instructions" section with "Women’s Studies Scholarship Program Fund” inside the text box on the form.
For any questions, please contact Prof. Genevieve Carminati at 240-567-7446 or Om Rusten at 240-567-4100.
Thank you for supporting our Montgomery College students!
- September 2018: Women's and Gender Studies Program Newsletter (PDF, ) : learn more about updates, faculty news, and upcoming events.
Stay informed about PPMW's important work and the world of reproductive health and rights. Bring your lunch.
- Third Wednesday of every month, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
- 1110 Vermont Avenue, NW, Ste. 300, Washington, DC 20005
All guests are required to RSVP, including name and organization affiliation, and bring photo ID to be in attendance. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-347-8500 x7223.
To submit suggestions for future Brown Bag lunch topics, or invite PPMW staff to conduct similar lectures for your organization email email@example.com.
- Fourth Tuesday of every month, except July, August and December. 2 noon sharp to 1:30pm
- By Metro: Red Line to the Dupont Circle North Exit. (behind Books a Million)
CWI programs focus on public policy issues of concern to women. Each meeting is devoted to a specific topic, presented by two speakers drawn from the wealth of expertise in the Washington DC area. Informal Q & A follows presentations. Speakers may include representatives from academic, government, professional and advocacy organizations."
Womens Clearinghousenew window
Course Materials and Web Resources
- Consent Workshop, Spring 2017, Loraine Hutchins and Whittney Matlock (PDF, )
- Consent Playlist: List of songs related to consent (PDF, )
- Consent Assignment (PDF, )
- Consent Assignment Learning Outcomes (PDF, )
- Consent Resources (PDF, )
- "Trouble With Title IX" by Anahita Sine in Academe, May-June 2017new window
- What's the Consensus on Consent? link to podcast, WAMU 88.5 American University Radio, May 23, 2017new window