E-Learning, Innovation, and Teaching Excellence (ELITE)
Welcome to the ELITE website! ELITE team is committed to providing excellence and leadership to the diverse MC community in the areas of instructional professional development, learning technology support and college-wide academic initiatives. We hold ourselves accountable to seek and provide practical, innovative solutions to enhance the learning experience of faculty, staff and students.
You can now access workshop material through The Hubnew window, which serves as an online repository of teaching tips and strategies created by Montgomery College faculty and to provide a virtual space for faculty to discuss innovative teaching ideas. Check out the Five-Minute Faculty Development Videosnew window and Teaching Tips of the Monthnew window on The Hub!
Resources are available for employees while the College operates remotely. Visit the Working Remotely website for guidelines and suggestions.
Make your LMS digital content more accessible with Blackboard Ally.
Blackboard Ally works seamlessly with your Learning Management System (LMS) to gauge the accessibility of your content. Ally provides guidance and tips for lasting improvements to your content accessibility.
- Receives feedback on the accessibility of your content
- Improves content accessibility with Ally's step-by-step instructions
- Integrates seamlessly with Blackboard Learn, Instructure Canvas, Self-hosted Moodle, Open LMS, and D2L Brightspace
- Automatically checks course materials against WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards
- Provides students with accessible alternative formats such as audio and electronic braille
- Delivers guidance to instructors to improve accessibility of their course content
Visit Ally for Learning Management Systems Helpnew window for additional information.
To kick off Fall 2020, take a few minutes to enjoy this edition of the Office of E-Learning, Innovation and Teaching Excellence newsletter (PDF, ) . There are articles on new professional development pathways, fellowship information and staff and faculty spotlights.
Each semester, full-time faculty in their first, second, and third year at Montgomery College sign up for one workshop series in the Academy. During the Fall 2020 semester, ELITE offers five different workshop series for faculty. View the Fall 2020 schedule (PDF, ) .
To learn more about ELITE, select one of the options below.