Center for Early Education Lab School
The Montgomery College Center for Early Education is open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Center for Early Education (CEE) Lab School is a premier learning community designed to engage and inspire young children three to five years of age. We provide innovative play-based classroom experiences to equip young learners in social- emotional development and academic enrichment. From expressive arts programs, year-round STEAM explorations and language study, the CEE Lab School is an amazing program for your child to learn and grow.
The CEE Lab School program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, a participant in Maryland Excels, and a member of the International Association of Lab Schools. As a Lab School, we support the Montgomery College School of Education as a model of best practice in child development for student teachers and faculty. Enrollment is open for MC students, MC employees and the community. We provide several childcare tuition scholarships for MC students each year. The center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Your Child Is Our Focus
The Center for Early Education provides children with developmentally appropriate curricula in a caring and safe environment. Our dedicated, professional staff members are committed to giving each child individual attention and respect, while creating a fun and healthy learning environment that cultivates academic readiness and social/emotional development.
Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please fill out the form on this page and a staff member will contact you soon.Registration Forms
The Center for Early Education is:
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education
- Available to Montgomery College students, faculty, and staff, as well as the general public
- Open to children ages 3 to 5
- Housed in a state-of-the-art center with access to science labs, art galleries, libraries, recreational facilities, and a planetarium
Our PhilosophyEach experience in the life of a child is seen as an opportunity to learn new concepts and to gain new skills and ideas. Through play, active participation, decision-making, and exploration in learning centers, young children:
- Enhance their self-concept
- Increase their awareness of the world around them
- Develop a love of learning
- Build skills for positive and healthy interactions with peers and adults
- Gain foundational skills in literacy and mathematics needed for kindergarten readiness
- Learn to care for and respect materials and property
To schedule a tour or receive information, contact us by completing the form below or by calling 240-567-2041.
Tuition & Financial Assistance
The Montgomery County Child Care Subsidy Program may have funds available to help eligible County residents pay for child care costs. Eligibility factors include gross household income, family composition, number of children in care and their ages, and parents' work or school schedule. Other factors may apply. For additional information and eligibility screening, click Department of Health and Human Servicesnew window or call 240-777-1155 (TTY: 240-777-1009).
20200 Observation Drive
Germantown, MD 20876