Center for Early Education
The Center for Early Education provides outstanding research and training opportunities for college students seeking knowledge of early childhood education and development. Under the guidance of our dedicated, professional staff, the Center for Early Education creates stimulating, campus-based, active learning experiences for children ages 2 ½ through 5. Our program cultivates academic readiness and social/emotional development within a nurturing, respectful environment that meets the needs of our community.
The Center for Early Education will be a national model for student learning and faculty research in early childhood education and development. The Center for Early Education will be where early childhood professionals, faculty, students, families and the greater community come to experience the finest early childcare training, education and service.
Your Child Is Our Focus
The Center for Early Education provides children with developmentally appropriate curricula in a caring and safe environment. Our dedicated, professional staff members are committed to giving each child individual attention and respect, while creating a fun and healthy learning environment that cultivates academic readiness and social/emotional development.
Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please fill out the form on this page and a staff member will contact you soon.Registration Forms
The Center for Early Education is:
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education
- Available to Montgomery College students, faculty, and staff, as well as the general public
- Open to children ages 2 to 5
- Housed in a state-of-the-art center with access to science labs, art galleries, libraries, recreational facilities, and a planetarium
Our PhilosophyEach experience in the life of a child is seen as an opportunity to learn new concepts and to gain new skills and ideas. Through play, active participation, decision-making, and exploration in learning centers, young children:
- Enhance their self-concept
- Increase their awareness of the world around them
- Develop a love of learning
- Build skills for positive and healthy interactions with peers and adults
- Gain foundational skills in literacy and mathematics needed for kindergarten readiness
- Learn to care for and respect materials and property
Center for Early Education Inquiry Form
Please complete the inquiry form in you wish to be contacted to schedule a tour or receive information.
Tuition & Financial Assistance
The Montgomery County Child Care Subsidy Program may have funds available to help eligible County residents pay for child care costs. Eligibility factors include gross household income, family composition, number of children in care and their ages, and parents' work or school schedule. Other factors may apply. For additional information and eligibility screening, click Department of Health and Human Servicesnew window or call 240-777-1155 (TTY: 240-777-1009).
20200 Observation Drive
Germantown, MD 20876
Links & Resources
Maryland Department of Human Resourcesnew window
Maryland Family Networknew window
Maryland Families Engagenew window