Tuition Assistance Programs for Active-Duty Servicemembers and Spouses

Active-duty members of the military may be eligible for tuition assistance programs. With every branch of service, the application process, criteria for eligibility, obligated service, and restrictions differ. If you have any questions or need assistance, email us at

How to Apply for Tuition Assistance

  1. Visit your branch's portal and log in or create your account. 
  2. Once you log into your account, complete the required In-Processing Steps.
  3. Contact your Education Counselor/ESS to activate your account.
  4. Once your TA has been approved, complete the admissions and registration process for Montgomery College.
  5. Once you have received your Tuition Assistance (TA) voucher, submit the voucher to the cashier's office on your campus or by email to
  6. Apply for financial aid to help cover fees and other expenses. 

For your convenience, has created recourses on tuition assistance for each specific branch. We recommend you refer to their website for branch-specific information on using TA: 


Career Advancement for Military Spouses 

MyCAAnew window is a program approved by the Department of Defense to aid military spouses with financial support for education. Through MyCAA, spouses will be offered a maximum financial benefit of $4,000 with a fiscal year cap of $2,000. Waivers to the fiscal year cap will be available for spouses pursuing licensure of certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.

Eligibility Requirements
  1. Must be the spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member or activated Reserve member in pay grades of E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2.
    • If the spouse of National Guard and /or AGR member, the sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS.
    • Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
  2. Must be seeking an associate's degree, certification, or licensure.
  3. Must finish your program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.

To get started, visit the MyCAA websitenew window