Youth School Year Programs
Youth School Year Programs provide a variety of enrichment programs for youth grades K-12. Kids' College programs are usually for 6-8 weeks after school or on weekends, and vary by semester. One Day Adventures such as Black Rocket provide a selection of classes to choose from. Students get to select a morning, and an afternoon class, with alternates out of six or seven choices.
- Futuremakers for students ages 4-7, with a parent or guardian on November 2, 2019. See below for more information
- Black Rocket for students in 4th - 7th grade, Saturday December 14, 2019. See below for more information.
If you have any questions please send an email to our Youth Programs Director, or sign up for our Youth E-Newsletter.
Kids' College provides enrichment classes for grades K-12 after school and on weekends. Topics vary seasonally. Printable Brochure
Classes start beginning of October.
- Academic Support for grades 3-5 and grades 6-8
- Math and Science Support for High School students
- AP Math and Science Support for High School students
- Creative Writing for Middle School
- Writing Demands of 21st Century High School Students
- The Art of Storytelling
- Web Design
- Keyboarding for Computers
- SLAM the EXAM for Middle School Students
On December 14, 2019 on the Germantown Campus, a one day adventure for Grades 4-7 with Black Rocket. See Black Rocket Brochure for course descriptions and more information.
Online registration form for Youth School Year Programs. Online registration will open shortly.
Select two out of the following eight topics:
- FX: Special Effects
- YouTube® Streamers & Esports Gamers
- Drone Challenges
- Roblox Designers
- Minecraft Builders
- Battle Royale: Mod a Fortnite Style Game
- Video Game Animators and Designers
- Python Programmers
Piano Fun for Grades K-6. Lessons range from beginner to advanced. These are small group lessons. Classes run for about three months in the Fall or the Spring. For more information about the piano lessons visit the printable Piano Brochure.
Family and Educator Maker Day by Futuremakers
Future Makers on Saturday November 2, 2019 for students ages 4-7 accompanied by a parent or guardian from 9:20 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the Germantown Campus. See Futuremakers printable flyer for more information and the course descriptions.
This program is designed for a child accompanied by a parent or guardian. Child + Parent may use either the online registration form or the printable registration forms found in the brochure. Educators are also welcome, they may only use the printable parent/educator printable form found in the brochure.
Select 2 classes and 2 alternates from the list below.
- Electronics/ Sound Machines & Voice Boxes
- Electromechanics/Motorized Creatures that Move
- Thermoforming/Manufacture a Plastic Mask
- WoodWorking/Wooden Vehicle Fundamentals