2021-2022 Concert and Music Events
Unless otherwise noted, concerts are free and open to the public.
We hope to resume performances in the coming year. Please stay tuned for updates.
Any student interested in becoming a music major must audition for one of the full-time faculty on the Rockville campus.
- Piano: Dr. Jay Crowder (240-567-7559)
- Voice: Dr. Molly Donnelly (240-567-7558)
- Strings: Dr. Dawn Avery (240-567-5035) or Prof. Pablo Saelzer (240-567-7562)
- All other instruments: Prof. Alvin Trask, Chair of the Rockville Performing Arts Department (240-567-7551)
Music majors are required to take a theory placement test. For more information about the requirements for an audition and when faculty are available to schedule an audition, please contact the music office at 240-567-5209.
All ensembles are one-credit courses with a culminating concert at the end of the semester. (The exception is Orchestra, which performs twice a semester.)
- Chorus (MUSC 163)
- Orchestra (MUSC 166) - Audition Required*
- Chamber Singers (MUSC 170) - Audition Required*
- Raptor Band/Wind Ensemble (MUSC 172)
- Jazz Ensemble (MUSC 161C)
- World Ensemble (MUSC 161D)
* Auditions are required only for Orchestra and Chamber Singers. All other ensembles are open to all students.