Admissions Information and Resources
- Information Sessions
- Special Admissions Information
- Additional Expenses
- Completion and Success Rates/Program Outcomes
All prospective students are strongly encouraged to attend one of the Surgical Technology Information Sessions, held to provide prospective students an opportunity to hear the information first hand and understand the nature of the program. You do not need to sign up to attend any of these sessions. PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, most of the sessions are held at the Takoma Park/Silver Spring (TP/SS) campus in the Health Science Center (HC), Room 351. Physical Address: Health Science Center Address: 7977 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Refer to Map and Directions for directions to the campus location.
Thursday, October 3
Thursday, November 7
Thursday, December 5
Thursday, February 6
Thursday, February 27
Admission to Montgomery College is open to all; however, the health sciences programs are selective application-based program. Visit the Health Sciences Admissions page for complete details, including special admissions requirements and the health sciences application.
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Annual reporting year 2019: MC had a 70% pass rate on the CST exam.
- Annual reporting year 2018: MC had a 79% pass rate on the CST exam.
- Annual reporting year 2017: MC had a 100% pass rate on the CST exam.
- Annual reporting year 2016: MC had a 90% pass rate on the CST exam.
- Annual reporting year 2015: MC had a 100% pass rate on the CST exam.
- Annual reporting year 2014: MC had a 100% pass rate on the CST exam.