Student Health and Wellness Center for Success
The Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) Center aims to provide holistic, person-centered services to promote students’ health and wellness by providing information and programming that addresses basic needs, and emotional, physical, spiritual, and social well-being. Our goal is to support students’ overall health and development to optimize their success at Montgomery College and beyond.
Some common challenges students face are access to health care, housing, food, mental health support, and personal safety. Montgomery College's network of community resources helps remove those obstacles to support your academic success.
We urge any student who has difficulty accessing sufficient food to eat every day, or who lacks a safe and stable place to live, to contact the SHaW Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like one-on-one support connecting to on-campus and community resources or need emergency assistance funding, see the Social Resource Program page.
You can help others in need in a variety of ways. Choose which method works best for you.
You can donate money through the MC Foundation (just note on your contribution that you want it to go to the food pantries). You can also send donations to our office at the Long Nguyen and Kimmy Duong Student Services Center (SV316) or use our Amazon Wishlistnew window.
The food pantries are continually in need of snack foods as well as nonperishable items that can be taken home. Suggestions are listed below.
Canned and Jarred Goods
- Beans, vegetables, fruits, soups, spaghetti sauce, meats, tuna fish, salmon, Vienna sausages, apple sauce, fruit cocktail
- Cooking oil, shortening sticks
- Condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, spices
- Peanut butter, jams, jellies
- Rice, beans, peas, soup mixes, spaghetti, pasta, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs
- Instant scalloped and mashed potatoes
- Flour, sugar, cake mix, muffin mix, pancakes mix, dried milk, boxes of cereal
- Baby formula and baby food
- Bottled and canned beverages
- Plates, cups, napkins
- Paper towels, tissues
- Toilet paper
Personal Hygiene Products
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Shampoo (hotel samples are perfect)
- Sanitary products
- Soaps, deodorants
Microwaveable, Ready to Eat Food:
- Individually packaged dinners, meat or vegetarian individual meal servings
- Macaroni and cheese mixes, soups, oatmeal packets
- Breads, rolls, bagels (not more than a day old), potatoes
- Dried fruits, raisins, nuts in small packages
- Fruit snacks, Pop Tarts, fruit cups, pudding
- Crackers (small packets of cheese or peanut butter), granola bars, pretzels
- Bags of assorted chips, pretzels, cheese balls, popcorn, etc.
- Apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, pears, peaches, plums
- Instant coffee, teabags, sugar, creamer, individual packets of hot chocolate
- Juice boxes
- Bottled water, canned beverages, juices
- Laundry detergent, dish soap, cleansers
- Paper and plastic shopping bags