Maintaining physical wellness and self-care is paramount for college students’ academic success. The College provides several wellness activities, including exercise classes led by certified instructors, healthy eating challenges, and flu vaccinations at no cost to students. These programs specifically address being active and staying healthy.
Black Physicians and Healthcare Networknew window
Services: Connection to culturally appropriate medical and mental health care for the Black diaspora
Catholic Charities Dental Clinicsnew window
(301) 933-0868 x928 and x929
Services: Preventative Care, Restorative, Oral Surgery, and Emergency Care
Catholic Charities Medical Clinicsnew window
Services: Primary Care, Chronic Care, Diabetes Focus Groups, Medication Assistance, Cancer Screenings
Community Clinic, Inc.new window
Services: Primary Care, Dental, Refugee Health, Discount Drug Program, Family Planning, HIV and Infectious Disease Care, WIC, Prenatal Care
Holy Cross Health Center Silver Springnew window
(301) 557-1940 for Aspen Hill, Silver Spring, and Gaithersburg
(301) 557-2140 for Germantown
Services: Physical Exams, Lab Work, Diabetes and Cardiovascular Management, Pharmacy
Maryland Health Connectionnew window
Services: Enroll in private insurance or Medicaid program in Maryland
Mary’s Centernew window
Services: Primary Care, Women’s Health, Sexual Health, Infectious Disease, LGBTQIA+ Health, Nutrition Counseling
Montgomery Caresnew window
Services: Connection to community-based medical and dental providers for uninsured Montgomery County residents
Montgomery County Breast and Cervical Cancer Screeningsnew window
Services: Breast and cervical cancer screenings for low-income, uninsured Montgomery County residents
Montgomery County Colorectal Cancer Screeningsnew window
Services: Colorectal cancer screening and care coordination for further treatment
Montgomery County Dental Servicesnew window
Montgomery County HIV/STI Testing, Treatment, and Preventionnew window
Services: HIV and STI Testing and Treatment, PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis), POP (post-exposure prophylaxis)
Montgomery County Stop Smokingnew window
Maryland Tobacco Quitline 1 (800) 784-8669
Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington, DCnew window
Services: Women’s Health Care, Men’s Health Care, Birth Control, Abortion, Cancer Screenings, HIV Care, STI Testing and Care, Transgender Hormone Therapy
Prevention of Blindness Society of Washington, DCnew window
Services: Affordable eyeglasses clinic, Glaucoma and vision screening
- Maintaining your Physical Health is more than just staying active and eating healthy. It’s important to check in with your primary care physician, be screened regularly for things like diabetes, high cholesterol, and different types of cancer or HIV, especially if you’re at high risk through genetics or individual behavior.
- Get Activenew window: How to start a physical activity plan at any age or fitness level,
- Intuitive Eatingnew window: The 10 principles of Intuitive Eating, reject what diet culture tells us about how we “should” eat and instead respect your body.
- About Chronic Diseasenew window: Learn more about some of the most prevalent chronic diseases faced in the US and risk factors you or a loved one might have.
- The Importance of Having a Primary Care Doctornew window: Learn more about what a primary care physician does and how they can help you maintain your health.