Advanced Placement Summer Institute
Designed for teachers that are interested in teaching Advanced Placement® courses
The Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) offers 30+ hours of subject specific professional development that equips new and experienced teachers with content and resources to enhance their teaching of AP® courses. The APSI provided a unique opportunity for teachers to exchange ideas and information with peers.
Topics that are often covered in summer institute sessions include:
- AP courses: goals, objectives, content, resources, bibliographies, and equipment
- Strategies for teaching students at beginning or intermediate levels
- The AP Examination: how it is developed and graded
- Syllabi, lesson plans, and assignments
- How to refresh and improve existing AP courses
- Recent changes in AP Course Descriptions
- Updates to course curriculum and exam
New: You must Pre-Register for the AP Summer Institute
If you have any questions regarding APSI courses for Summer 2022, please email APSI@montgomerycollege.edu, and include: Name, Session interested in attending, School district; please indicate MCPS or DCPS if applicable.
All participants must pre-register for the AP Summer Institute. Pre-registration information will be captured by CVENT. This will allow us to be able to reserve a seat for you in the class of your choosing. Participants will be sent further registration instructions within two business days of completing their pre-registration.
Please note that depending on the class format (online or on campus) or topic the dates are slightly different.Pre-Register for APSI Structured Remote
Structured Remote dates are June 20th - June 24th, 2022Pre-Register for APSI On Campus
On Campus dates are June 21th - June 24th, 2022Pre-Register for APSI US Government & Politics
APSI US Government & Politics dates are June 27th - June 30th, 2022
|API-010||AP Statistics||On campus||Lee Kucera|
|API-014||AP U.S. History||On campus||Tim Greene|
|API-017||AP Psychology||On campus||Joseph Swope|
|API-003||AP Music Theory||Online||Louie Silvestri|
|API-004||AP Computer Science Principles||Structured Remote||Joe Greenawalt|
|API-005||AP English Language and Composition||Structured Remote||Hattie Maguire|
|API-006||AP English Literature and Composition||Structured Remote||Susan Barber|
|API-009||AP Spanish Language and Culture||Structured Remote||Frank Masel|
AP World History
|Structured Remote||Monica Bond-Lamberty|
|API-016||AP Computer Science A||Structured Remote||Kim Burton-Regulski|
AP Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
New dates for online APSI.
AP® Courses Summer Institute June 20 - June 30, 2022.
The program is from Monday - Friday| 8:30am - 4:00pm | 4 sessions | 30 hours | 1 hour break. Exception: AP World History, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., 30 minute break.
All participants MUST Pre-Register
All participants MUST Pre-Register for the AP Summer Institute at Montgomery College via CVENT, Registration link below:APSI Pre-Registration Form
If you cannot attend this event, you may receive a refund PRIOR to the start of the event. To receive a full refund class MUST BE dropped at least 24 hours BEFORE it begins. Refunds are issued to the person registered NOT the payee
Options for dropping the course are:
- Log into MyMC, MC student account, and drop the event
- Complete a Drop Form and submit via email to APSI@montgomerycollege.edu o
- Drop form may be found at Drop/Transfer.
- DO NOT drop the class online on or after the day the course has begun, you will NOT receive a refund. Fill out a Drop Form to receive a refund consideration and withdrawal from the course.