Advanced Placement Summer Institute
Designed for teachers that are interested in teaching Advanced Placement® courses
The Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) offers 30+ hours of subject specific professional development that equips new and experienced teachers with content and resources to enhance their teaching of AP® courses. The APSI provided a unique opportunity for teachers to exchange ideas and information with peers.
Topics that are often covered in summer institute sessions include:
- AP courses: goals, objectives, content, resources, bibliographies, and equipment
- Strategies for teaching students at beginning or intermediate levels
- The AP Examination: how it is developed and graded
- Syllabi, lesson plans, and assignments
- How to refresh and improve existing AP courses
- Recent changes in AP Course Descriptions
- Updates to course curriculum and exam
New: You must Pre-Register for the AP Summer Institute
If you have any questions regarding APSI courses for Summer 2023, please email APSI@montgomerycollege.edu, and include: Name, Session interested in attending, School district; please indicate MCPS or DCPS if applicable.
All participants must pre-register for the AP Summer Institute. Pre-registration information will be captured by CVENT. This will allow us to be able to reserve a seat for you in the class of your choosing. Participants will be sent further registration instructions within two business days of completing their pre-registration.Pre-Register for APSI Structured Remote
APSI dates are June 26 - June 30, 2023. Times 9:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, All classes are structured remote.
|API-001||AP Biology||Structured Remote|
|API-004||AP Computer Science Principles||Structured Remote|
|API-005||AP English Language and Composition||Structured Remote|
|API-006||AP English Literature and Composition||Structured Remote|
|API-009||AP Spanish Language and Culture||Structured Remote|
|API-010||AP Statistics||Structured Remote|
|API-011||AP World History||Structured Remote|
|API-012||AP U.S. Government & Politics||Structured Remote|
|API-014||AP U.S. History||Structured Remote|
|API-015||AP Calculus AB||Structured Remote|
|API-016||AP Computer Science A||Structured Remote|
|API-017||AP Psychology||Structured Remote|
AP Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
New dates for online APSI.
AP® Courses Summer Institute June 26 - June 30, 2023.
The program is from Monday - Friday| 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time | 5 sessions | 30 hours | lunch break | All classes Structured Remote.
All participants MUST Pre-Register
All participants MUST Pre-Register for the AP Summer Institute at Montgomery College via CVENT, Registration link below:APSI Pre-Registration Form
If your employer will complete and sign the Business and Industry Agreement (PDF, ) , the out of state fee will be waived. You must present the completed, signed B & I Agreement (PDF, ) along with your registration form at the time of registration.
If you cannot attend this event, you may receive a refund PRIOR to the start of the event. To receive a full refund class MUST BE dropped at least 24 hours BEFORE it begins. Refunds are issued to the person registered NOT the payee
Options for dropping the course are:
- Log into MyMC, MC student account, and drop the event
- Complete a Drop Form and submit via email to APSI@montgomerycollege.edu o
- Drop form may be found at Drop/Transfer.
- DO NOT drop the class online on or after the day the course has begun, you will NOT receive a refund. Fill out a Drop Form to receive a refund consideration and withdrawal from the course.