Youth Scholarship Opportunity
New Youth Scholarship Opportunity
A recent gift from an anonymous donor enables Montgomery College Youth Programs to offer a summer camp scholarship for MCPS students. The scholarship is available for camps scheduled from August 3, 2020 through August 28, 2020.
To qualify, a student must:
- Be enrolled in MCPS for the 2020/2021 school year
- And The family must meet federal income eligibility guidelines (PDF, ) for Free and Reduced Meals (FARMs)
What do you need to do?
- Register on our website. The direct link to our online registration is: https://appserv.montgomerycollege.edu/wdce/youth/index.cfm
- On the online registration form, check the box for scholarship.
- Send the following to YouthProgramsDirector@montgomerycollege.edu
- When you receive the invoice, pay the fee portion of the camp only. To determine what the fee is, please see our Youth Summer online catalogue (PDF, ) or the catalogue attached. All camps are listed as tuition + fee = total cost. Families are responsible for the fee only.
- Note: payment must be made within three (3) days of receiving the invoice. The registration will be dropped for nonpayment if the fee is not paid.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Question: What if I have already received a scholarship this summer? Am I eligible?
- Answer: Yes! Because this is a new scholarship, you can apply to attend another camp.
- Question: What do I need to pay?
- Answer: Families are responsible for the fee portion for the cost of the camp. The scholarship covers the tuition.
- Question: What happens if my child does not attend the camp?
- Answer: Students are required to attend at least 80% of the camp. Attendance is taken daily by the instructor. If the student does not attend for 80% of the camp, the family is responsible for the entire price of the camp (tuition and fee).
- Question: How many camps can I apply for?
- Answer: This scholarship pays for the tuition of one camp per child.
- Question: What if my child attends private school?
- Answer: This scholarship is only available to students who will attend MCPS for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Question: Whom do I contact with questions?
- Answer: Many questions can be answered by visiting out website: Contact YouthProgramsDirector@montgomerycollege.edu You can also reply to this email and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Montgomery College Youth Programs is grateful for this scholarship and hopes it serves your family.