Youth Scholarship Opportunity
Youth Scholarship Opportunity for Summer Camps
Scholarship funding is very limited. Scholarships are partial. The price of a course is listed as Tuition + Fee = Total Cost. If you are granted funding it is for tuition only, you must still pay the fee for the class.
To qualify, a student must:
- Be enrolled in MCPS for the 2022/2023 school year
- And The family must meet federal income eligibility guidelines (PDF, ) for Free and Reduced Meals (FARMs)
What do you need to do?
- Create a new student profile (unless you already have an Augusoft profile) in our new registration system: https://montgomerycollege.augusoft.net/new window
- Find a class that you would like to take in the Youth Summer 2023 Brochure (PDF, ) . Copy down the course title, CRN number, and the start date of the class. You will need this information when you fill out the application form for your child.
- Fill out the Youth Scholarship Applicationnew window
- Be sure to indicate the course title, start date, and CRN number on the form
- You will need to attach one of these documents to the application:
- A copy of the Free and Reduced Lunch form OR
- A copy of last year's tax return (please remove Social Security number from the form)
- And you will need to complete the WDCE Youth Registration Form (PDF, )
- Attach it to the Youth Scholarship application also.
- Submit the form.
- You will receive a notice from the Youth Programs within a few days regarding your application.
- If you have any questions contact:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Question: What if I have already received a scholarship this term? Am I eligible?
- Question: What do I need to pay?
- Answer: Families are responsible for the fee portion for the cost of the camp. The scholarship covers the tuition only.
- Question: What happens if my child does not attend the camp?
- Answer: Students are required to attend at least 80% of the camp. Attendance is taken daily by the instructor. If the student does not attend for 80% of the camp, the family is responsible for the entire price of the camp (tuition and fee).
- Question: How many camps can I apply for?
- Answer: This scholarship pays for the tuition of one camp per child.
- Question: What if my child attends private school?
- Answer: This scholarship is only available to students who will attend MCPS for the 2022/2023 school year.
- Question: Whom do I contact with questions?
- Answer: Many questions can be answered by visiting our website.
- Contact YouthProgramsDirector@montgomerycollege.edu and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Montgomery College Youth Programs is grateful for this scholarship and hopes it serves your family.
End of sidebar