About Montgomery College
MC Changes The Community College Experience
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited institution. MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs.
Ninety-seven percent of first-year students would recommend MC to a friend or family member. (Survey of Entering Student Engagement, 2020)
- Ranked Top in the U.S. for Student-Parentsnew window by Generation Hope (2023-2026)
- Ranked #1 Best Community College in Marylandnew window by Niche (2023)
- Ranked #7 in 10 Best Community Colleges for International Students in 2023new window by Study International (2023)
- Ranked #10 (out of 688) in 2023 Best Community Colleges in the U.S. (and #1 in Maryland)new window by WalletHub (2023)
- Ranked #1 community college in Maryland and #77 in the U.S.new window by Niche (2023).
- Ranked in Newsweek’s Top Online College listnew window for MC’s online degree and course offerings.
- Ranked as a Top Degree Producer by Diverse Issues in Higher Education (2022).
- Ranked Best Urban Community College Campus in Marylandnew window by Intelligent.com (2022).
- Ranked #7 Best Community College in the U.S.new window by WalletHub (2022).
- Ranked one of the year’s best schools for online degrees in public servicenew window by STEPS (Student Training & Education in Public Service), including one of the Best Online Criminal Justice Associate Degree Programsnew window (2022).
- Ranked #9 in Best Online Associate's Degree in Cybersecuritynew window by UniversityHQ (2022).
- Ranked #1 in Best Community Colleges in Marylandnew window by Intelligent.com (2022).
- Ranked #1 in Best Online Associate in Computer Science Programsnew window by Intelligent.com (2022).
- Ranked #9 ("Best for Cybersecurity") in Best Community College Online Programsnew window by Intelligent.com (2022).
- Ranked #3 in Best Associate Degrees in Marylandnew window by UniversityHQ (2022).
- Ranked #5 in Best Interior Design Schools in the U.S.new window by EdReformer (2021).
- Ranked in 10 Best Nursing Programsnew window in Maryland for 2022 by Nursing School Hub (2021).
- Ranked first in Most Popular Online Computer Programming Schools in Marylandnew window by Computer Science Degree Search (2021).
- Ranked one of the 25 Best Exercise Science and Kinesiology Associate’s Degrees for 2021new window by The Best Health Degrees (2021).
- Ranked best online community college in Marylandnew window by Premium Schools (2021).
- Ranked one of the best community colleges of 2021new window by Academic Influence (2021).
- Ranked Top 5 Overall & The Best Value in Marylandnew window by Intelligent.com (2021).
- Ranked as one of the best for diversity among colleges and universities in the U.S.new window by College Factual (2021).
- MC's nursing program ranked among the top 25 associate's degree in nursing programsnew window by Nursing School Hub (2021).
- Ranked among the top 100 community colleges with the best return on investmentnew window by Stacker (2021).
- Ranked among the best community colleges in the nationnew window by WalletHub (2020).
- Ranked #1 community college in Maryland with the highest earning graduatesnew window by Zippia, the Career Expert (2020).
- Ranked #1 in best online community colleges in Marylandnew window by Guide to Online Schools (2020).
- Ranked #1 community college in Marylandnew window by Niche (2020).
- Ranked #1 for two-year schoolsnew window and 11th overall of 55 higher education institutions in Maryland by EdSmart (2019).
- Ranked 10th in the nationnew window of community college graduates for career outcomes by WalletHub (2018).
- Ranked 12th in the nationnew window among community colleges for online learning by BestColleges (2018).
- Ranked Best for Vets by Military Times (2018, 2017, 2016).
- Ranked most diverse community college in the continental U.S.new window by the Chronicle of Higher Education (2019, 2018).
- Ranked 9th in the nation new windowamong community colleges for adult learners by Washington Monthly (2017).
- Ranked highly by Washington Monthly for ease of transfer to four-year schools, flexibility of programs, and services for adult students (2017).