About Montgomery College
We’re All About Transforming the Community College Experience.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs.
MC consistently receives high rankings and national recognition:
- Ranked 10th in the nation for students' career outcomes by WalletHub.
- Ranked 9th in the nation among community colleges for adult learners by Washington Monthly.
- Ranked 12th in the nation among community colleges for online learning by BestColleges.
- Ranked highly by Washington Monthly for ease of transfer to four-year schools, flexibility of programs, and services for adult students.
- Ranked Best for Vets by Military Times.
- Ranked most diverse community college in the continental US by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Ranked 12th best college in the nation to earn your online computer science AA degree by TheBestSchools.org.
Our mission, vision, and core values reflect who we are as an institution and demonstrate why we are so dedicated to our students and their success.
Our students learn from a talented and award-winning faculty made up of academic leaders and industry experts. With an 18:1 student-teacher ratio and small classes, students can get to know their instructors and develop partnerships that foster growth and achievement.
Founded in 1946, MC began as an evening college at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School, with eight faculty members and 186 students.