Admissions Information and Resources
We strongly encourage prospective students to attend a health information management and coding programs information session. The Information Session is held monthly and provides students with critical information about the program. The sessions are held via Zoom, and advance registration is required.
Upcoming Health Information Management/Coding Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:00pm Register Now
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 3:00pm
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 3:00pm
All information sessions begin promptly at 3:00 p.m. online via Zoom. A reservation is required to access the Zoom online session.
These hour-long sessions cover a variety of topics including how to be competitive for admission to the HIM and Coding programs, the application process, and the program curriculum. Professor and Program Coordinator Corinne Smith conducts these sessions and is available for general questions. The information sessions are not substitutes for individual counseling. We strongly encourage prospective students to attend a session and, if necessary, schedule and appointment for advising with a counselor.
HIM and Coding Program Advising Day is Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
Advisors for the HIM and Coding Programs will be available during two sessions on 10/20/20. Sign up to attend one of these one-hour sessions:
Admission to Montgomery College is open to all; however, the health sciences programs are selective application-based program. Visit the Health Sciences Admissions page for complete details, including special admissions requirements and the health sciences application.
The Health Information Management Program completes an Annual Program Assessment Review (APAR) report for CAHIIM.
Completion and Success Rates/Program Outcomes from the most recent (2020) program review include:
- 100% of respondents to an employer survey indicated they are satisfied with graduates of the Montgomery College Health Information Management Program
- 98% of respondents to a graduate survey indicated they were able to find employment in the health care field within six months of RHIT certification.
- The Montgomery College HIM Program RHIT pass rate for the class of 2020 was 80%.