Admissions Information and Resources
We strongly encourage prospective students to attend a health information management and coding programs information session. The Information Session is held monthly and provides students with critical information about the program. The sessions are held via Zoom, and advance registration is required.
Upcoming Health Information Management/Coding Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 1:00pm Register Now
- No HIM/Coding Information Session in June 2022
- Wednesday, July 20, 2022 1:00pm Register Now
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 1:00pm Register Now
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022 1:00pm Register Now
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 1:00pm Register Now
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 1:00pm Register Now
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022 1:00pm Register Now
All information sessions begin promptly at 1:00 p.m. online via Zoom. A reservation is required to access the Zoom online session.
The hour-long information session covers a variety of topics including how to be competitive for admission to the HIM and Coding programs, the application process, and the program curriculum. Professor and Program Coordinator Corinne Smith conducts these sessions and is available for general questions. The information sessions are not substitutes for individual counseling. We strongly encourage prospective students to attend a session and, if necessary, schedule and appointment for advising with a counselor.
Admission to Montgomery College is open to all; however, the health sciences programs are selective application-based program. A Health Sciences Application must be submitted by June 15, 2022 for the Fall 2022 HIM and Coding cohort. Visit the Health Sciences Admissions page for complete details, including special admissions requirements and the health sciences application.