International Student Orientation
Welcome New Montgomery College International Student Raptors!
New International Orientation is offered the Week before EACH SEMESTER begins. New F-1 students (either new to Montgomery College in F-1 status, or continuing Montgomery College students who are new to F-1 status or changed from ESL or ELAP to Degree level) MUST attend Orientation.
- Day 1: Wednesday, January 18, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Please register and review slidesnew window before attending the session.
- Day 2: Thursday, January 19, 2:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Additional Sessions for International Student Health Care and Medical Insurance will be offered. Complete the informationnew window so we can tell you which session to attend.
*As some students are still travelling to the US (and getting over jetlag) we plan
to hold all sessions virtually this week. We look forward to hosting in-person Welcome
Receptions and to meeting you in person.
*ALSO - In the first week of classes, January 23–30, there will also be special RAPTOR 101 sessions for all new students on each campus. See details and sign up to get lunch and prizes on your campus:
- Germantownnew window
- Rockvillenew window
- Takoma Park / Silver Springnew window
Students who have missed Orientation or who have not received and signed their Montgomery College I-20 showing “Continued Attendance” for their current degree program, may have a Registration Hold preventing them from selecting or changing classes.
Visit International Student Office or contact the International Office for exact days, times, and locations of Orientation programs.
We look forward to seeing you at Orientation and helping you be successful at MC!
To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. Requests should be made in advance of the events.
- International student orientation is REQUIRED for F-1 students to understand their visa status and how to work with the international coordinators' offices.
- Of course, always check the website and discuss any questions you have about the college and your F-1 status with your international coordinator.
Proving Your Legal Status After You Enter the US
The information about your legal status in the United States (on your current visit) and how long you may stay is on the date entry stamp in your passport. You should also print out an I-94 record for your records. If you Changed Status inside the United States, your I-94 is the bottom portion of your I-797 Approval Notice.
If you have any problem printing, or something is wrong with your I-94 card, you may need to visit BWI airport to fix it.
Baltimore International Airport
Pier E, Lower Level
Baltimore, MD 21240
Phone: (410) 865-2100. Press '0' to speak with an agent and set up a time.
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Outside of normal hours, they will try to help you (if you call first) but will also be meeting arriving flights.
Emergency hours: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm