Skip to main content

Proof of High School Graduation or College Level

The following is a partial listing of national secondary school credentials, which we require to admit students with an F-1 or M-1 visa to Montgomery College.

Official high school diplomas - secondary school certificates of completion MUST BE presented in the native language with a certified English translation. Copies of the original document,  "certified" as true copies by the school or government-authorized agent, may be accepted.

**ALL SYSTEMS USING "O" (ORDINARY) AND "A" (ADVANCED) LEVEL EXAMS:  Minimum number of subjects (5 "O" or 3"A") must be PASSED (as defined for preparation for post-secondary education) and must include English and Mathematics.

Latin America
  • Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, or Venezuela: Bachillerato

  • Brazil: Diploma de 2 grau

  • Chile: Licencia de Education Media

  • Peru: Certificado de Education Secundaria
Caribbean, Belize, Guyana
  • Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Guyana, Jamaica,or Trinidad & Tobago: 5 academic subjects passed: GCSE "O" level OR CXC grade I and II. Bahamas GCSE may include English, Math, Science, and Social Science only (total 4)

  • Haiti: Baccalaureat Partie II
  • France: Baccalaureat

  • Germany: Abitur

  • Greece: Apolytirion from Lyceum

  • Italy, Switzerland, or Sweden: Maturity Certificate/Diploma

  • Netherlands: VWO or HAVO

  • Norway: Leaving Certificate from Upper Secondary School

  • Spain: COU

  • United Kingdom: GCSE 5 “O” levels or 3 "A" levels**

  • Newly Independent States: Atestat
Middle East
  • Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, or Saudi Arabia: General Secondary Certificate of Education

  • Iraq, Lebanon, or Morocco: Baccalaureat

  • Israel: Bagrut

  • U.A.E: Secondary School Certificate
  • Cameroon: Baccalaureat/GSSCE 5 “O” levels or 3 "A" levels**

  • Ethiopia: School Leaving Certificate

  • Nigeria or Ghana: GCSE 5 “O” levels or 3 "A" levels**/ WAEC / SSSC (*WAEC marks 1-6 only accepted)

  • South Africa: Senior Certificate with Matriculation
  • China: Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate

  • Hong Kong: HKCE - 5 academic subjects**

  • India or Pakistan: Higher Secondary School Certificate

  • Indonesia: Idazah S.M.A. Diploma

  • Japan, Korea, or Taiwan: High School Graduation

  • Malaysia: Certificate of Education - 5 academic subjects

  • Singapore: GCSE 5 “O” levels or 3 "A" levels**

  • Thailand: Matayom Suksa VI