The Arts Institute promotes, enhances, and supports the visual, performing, and media arts at the College encouraging interdepartmental and intercampus exchange and collaboration. With support from the Montgomery College Foundation and the College's donors, the Arts Institute brings distinguished guest artists and events to all three campuses for the benefit of students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Complete the form below to request links to the livestream of our events.
Support the Arts at MC
During these difficult times, the arts are more important than ever. The exhibitions and performances produced at the College are essential to our students, the MC faculty and staff, and the greater Montgomery County community, yet we have never faced more challenges.
Your gift can provide life-changing support to MC students enrolled in art courses on all three campuses. Your generous donation could supply scholarship funds, art supplies, and diverse learning opportunities.
To make a gift, please visit the MC Foundation's online giving formnew window. Select "Give to a program fund or different area of support", then "Other", and type in TU2276 Art Emergency Fund.
The Montgomery College Foundationnew window is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Through its artist residencies, guest lectures, workshops, performances, master classes, exhibitions, concert series, and other programs that bring visiting artists to the College, students are given exceptional opportunities to work with and learn from distinguished professionals and scholars.
The Arts Institute supports internships that allow students to discover career options in the arts and combine learning in the classroom with on-the-job experience. Working with the arts faculty and staff, the Arts Institute also develops collaborative projects with area arts organizations to enhance College and community programs in the arts.
Campus Arts Departments
- Art - Rockville
- Art - Germantown
- Media Arts & Technologies - Rockville
- Performing Arts - Rockville
- Visual and Performing Arts - Takoma Park/Silver Spring
Arts Institute Mission
- Support exceptional creative opportunities in the arts for students, faculty, staff, and the community
- Enrich the experiences of MC students outside of the classroom, allowing them to engage with the arts and improve their opportunities for academic and professional success
- Encourage interdepartmental and intercampus collaboration and exchange of information and ideas
- Promote MC's arts on and beyond the College's three campuses
- Invigorate the college community by offering arts events of exceptional quality and scope
- Enrich the cultural life of Montgomery County through collaboration with arts and educational organizations
Academic Information: Telephone
- Art: 240-567-5115
- Dance and Theatre: 240-567-5250
- Music: 240-567-5209
- Media Arts & Technologies (Interactive Technologies, Graphic Design, Television/Radio, and Photography): 240-567-5256
- Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center Box Office: 240-567-5301
- Summer Dinner Theatre: 240-567-7676
- Visual and Performing Arts Takoma Park/Silver Spring: 240-567-5780