MC consistently receives high rankings and national recognition:
- Ranked 10th in the nation for students' career outcomes by WalletHub.
- Ranked 9th in the nation among community colleges for adult learners by Washington Monthly.
- Ranked 12th in the nation among community colleges for online learning by BestColleges.
- Ranked highly by Washington Monthly for ease of transfer to four-year schools, flexibility of programs, and services for adult students.
- Ranked Best for Vets by Military Times.
- Ranked most diverse community college in the continental US by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
One of the foundations of our academic programs and courses is the ability to take what you learn and effectively apply it in the world.
Everyone at MC has the opportunity to succeed regardless of their background or situation. We provide you with the tools, flexibility, and convenience to make your experience here positive and successful.
We provide educational value both through the excellence of our academic programs and a determined effort to keep our tuition costs low.
We offer the flexibility of three campuses, several off-site locations, and a wide selection of online courses.
Life at MC isn’t all about hitting the books. Students participate in 130 clubs and organizations, including student government, sports, academic and social organizations, and special interest clubs.
MC’s men’s and women’s sports teams consistently score at the top, having won numerous National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) titles in soccer, basketball, baseball, and track and field.
There’s a reason why Montgomery College has been in the New York Times’ list of best community colleges in the country—the strength and dedication of our accomplished faculty.