ITI 241 - Network+ Certification Training and Test Prep
Registration Option: Open Enrollment
Total Course Hours: 42
Materials: Textbook/Textbook information provided at first class
Over time, the CompTIA Network+ certification has proven to be a must have certification for IT professionals new to networking, as well as seasoned professionals. Its profile has risen to the point where it is often recommended (or required) by major corporations and government agencies and is a condition of employment. In this course, you will be exposed to the five domains tested in the Network+ exam: Network Concepts, Network installation and Configuration, Network Media and Topologies, Network Management and Network Security. Upon completion of this course, students will be prepared to take the Network+ certification exam.
Networking Fundamentals, knowledge of operating systems and hardware, or equivalent educational or work experience.
At the end of this course students will know how to:
- Assess network protocols and devices according to the OSI Model
- Configure and troubleshoot network protocol problems on network-attached devices
- Install and configure routers, switches and wireless networks
- Explain the main differences between different physical media and where each one would be best applied
- Troubleshoot device connectivity issues using built-in and third party tools
- Explain common network security threats, vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies