Web Design Certificate
MC’s web design certificate will provide you with the skills necessary for an entry-level position in the web development industry, or for transfer to another institution.
The certificate curriculum focuses on website management, basic website design, effective communication between web authors and system administrators, HTML validity, editorial responsibilities, and liaison with graphic artists and others.
Courses include professional website development, animation, graphic design for the web, digital tools for the visual arts, and more.
Join us at MC, and faculty experts will help prepare you for your career path.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate solid foundation skills and competency in a range of media, techniques, and knowledge of associated processes used in web design.
- Demonstrate visual problem solving that employs appropriate technical skills and techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to express ideas and concepts creatively.
- Apply principles of design and typography to the processes employed in the graphic design, illustration, and web design industries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vocabulary of web design.
- Demonstrate the ability to present and critique concepts and designs.
- Demonstrate currency in the digital tools employed in website design and assembly.
- Create professional-quality websites that comply with current web standards.
- Develop a portfolio representative of the material and techniques studied, suitable for employment or transfer to another institution.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans and make sure you are on track to graduate and/or transfer. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle. In addition, web developers may create content for the site.
- Career Outlook for web developersnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.