Web Programming Certificate
Many web positions require fluency in programming languages. MC’s web programming certificate will set you on a path to succeed in the industry.
Our certificate will provide you with the skills necessary for employment as a programmer on a web development team, or for transfer to another institution.
MC’s faculty experts will set you on a path for success in the web programming industry.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Create valid XHTML webpages.
- Use an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as the MX Studio 8 effectively.
- Create webpages incorporating the Cascading Style Sheets technology.
- Create webpages with dynamic content utilizing at least two web server application technologies.
- Create coherent and intuitive web-enabled applications.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans and make sure you are on track to graduate and/or transfer. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle. In addition, web developers may create content for the site.
- Career Outlook for web developersnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.