Virtual Nursing Immersion Program
Are you interested in the MC Nursing Program and exploring the idea of becoming a registered nurse?
This is a virtual exploration of the Montgomery College Nursing Program and the world of the nursing profession. You found the right place!
2020 is the Year of the Nurse, and rightly so, as the COVID-19 2020 pandemic highlights the invaluable role of the nurse. Throughout history, nurses have made significant contributions to human health, as seen in this video: Nurses Change Livesnew window.
This summer, the yearly summer nursing program immersion was held through a virtual exhibit of the different dimensions of the MC Nursing Program and the nursing profession. You can access much of the information on this page anytime. A series of live virtual events was held between June 1-4, 2020. See below for recorded sessions.
The Profession of Nursing
The nursing profession’s long history lead it to where it is now. Get inspired by how nurses are shaping the world of healthcare. Watch Healthcare's Top Innovators: Nursesnew window.
One of the many amazing aspects of the nursing profession is one nurse’s ability to venture into the many potential careers in nursing. The list below shows some of the many careers in the nursing profession. Explore them by playing each short video and get immersed in these nurses' worlds:
Pandemics and Nursing
Highlights of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic: Watch How Nurses Are Battling the COVID-19 Pandemicnew window.
Live Webinar Sessions via Zoom
Watch recorded versions of the nursing immersion program webinar sessions.
- Nursing Education Perspectives (Part 1): The MC Associate Degree Experiencenew window. This is a panel discussion where graduates of the MC Associate Degree in Nursing program will share their successful completion of the program. Learn from their stories as you prepare to embark on your own nursing education journey.
- Nursing Education In Light of a Pandemicnew window. This is a webinar where the value and significance of nursing education and the nursing profession are analyzed. Hear from Dr. Monique Davis, Director of Nursing at Montgomery College, and learn from the experiences of nurses who cared for the sick during this pandemic.
- Nursing Education Perspectives (Part 2): Associate Degree to BSN and Beyondnew window. This is a panel discussion with graduates of the MC Nursing Program who are currently working on a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), or have completed the BSN and beyond. Learn the value of advanced education in the nursing profession and how you can plan and prepare.
- Nursing Education Perspectives (Part 3): The MC Nursing Program and Pathways to the BSNnew window. This is a panel of nurse educators who will share their insights and experiences on various ways to obtain your nursing degree. Learn from them to help you plan your pathway to basic and advanced nursing education.
- Careers in Nursingnew window. This is a panel of experienced registered nurses in various fields who will share their experiences, insights, and what they value most about the nursing profession. Take a deep dive into the nursing profession through the lived experiences of nurses.
- What’s Next?new window Would you like to learn about the College’s various partnership agreements for MC Nursing students? Confused about the differences between Dual Admission and Dual Enrollment? Have questions about the TEAS exam? Join this informative session to find answers to your questions!
- Male Student Nursesnew window. Montgomery College’s Nursing Program is composed of a diverse group of professionals and students. In this session, you will hear from MC students/alumni who will share their perspectives as male nursing students
- Khan Academy
- Nucleus Health
- The Biology Project (Univ. of Arizona)new window
- Science Geek Biology
- Spark Notes Biology
- MC Test of Academic Skills (TEAS) Resources