MATH 098: Resources Selected by Instructors
Topic 1: Basic Algebra
- Bill Witte's Video Math Review Sitenew window
Full suite of videos on pre-, beginning, intermediate, and liberal arts algebra.
- Video: MA105 Show 5new window
Topic 2: Reference Angles
- How to Compute Reference Angles in Degreesnew window
- Math Warehouse - Find Reference Anglenew window
Includes practice problems.
Topic 3: Basic Identities
- Purple Math: Solving Trigonometric Equationsnew window
- Video: Trigonometric Identitiesnew window
Topic 4: Graphing Trig Functions
- Graphing Trigonometric Functionsnew window
- Khan Academy: Graphs of Trigonometric Functionsnew window
- Includes videos and practice problems.
- Video: Graphing Trig Functionsnew window
Topic 5: Word Problems in Trig
- Purplemath: Right-Triangle Word Problemsnew window
- Khan Academy: Right Triangle Word Problemsnew window
- Khan Academy: Trigonometric Equations Reviewnew window
- Video: Trigonometry Word Problemsnew window
Math Tutoring at Your Campus
Other Math Department Resources
- MC Mathematics Department
Find links to many resources, including our eighteen different math and statistics courses offered at our three campuses and our math degrees.
- Algebra Makernew window
Practice problems with answers, good for classes like Math 045/050 and Math 165.
- STEM Transfer Resourcesnew window
This website provides interactive tools, engaging resources, and important services to help prospective and current STEM transfer students plan for a successful transition between two-year and four-year institutions.
- WolframAlphanew window
Wolfram|Alpha introduces a fundamentally new way to get knowledge and answers— not by searching the web, but by doing dynamic computations based on a vast collection of built-in data, algorithms, and methods.
- MATLAB Centralnew window
A place where you can get answers, challenge yourself and others, and share your knowledge. Tap into the knowledge and experience of over 100,000 community members and MathWorks employees.
- Significant Figures from the STEM Transfer Student Success Initiativenew window
Tests and a video on learning significant figures.
End of sidebar