MATH 165: Resources Selected by Instructors
Topic 1: Graphing piecewise functions
- Split Functionsnew window
- Video: How to graph a piecewise functionnew window
- Video: Pre-Calculus - Graphing a piecewise functionnew window
Topic 2: Graphing Trig functions (including phase shifts)
- Graphs of the Trigonometric Functionsnew window
- Graphing Trigonometric Functionsnew window
- Graphing Sine, Cosine, and Tangentnew window
Topic 3: Trigonometric Functions (solving and verifying identities)
- Fundamental Trigonometric Identitiesnew window
- Trigonometry Examplesnew window
- Proving Trigonometric Identitiesnew window
Topic 4: Evaluating a Difference Quotient
- Algebra Examplesnew window
- Video: Computing Difference Quotients
Full set of videos tutorials with transcripts.
- Video: Pre-Calculus - Evaluate the difference quotientnew window
Topic 5: Mathematical Modeling (including word problems)
Math Tutoring at Your Campus
- Rockville - Ackerman Learning Center
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring math tutoring
- Germantown math tutoring
Other Math Department Resources
- MC Mathematics Department
Find links to many resources, including our eighteen different math and statistics courses offered at our three campuses and our math degrees.
- Algebra Makernew window
Practice problems with answers, good for classes like Math 045/050 and Math 165.
- STEM Transfer Resourcesnew window
This website provides interactive tools, engaging resources, and important services to help prospective and current STEM transfer students plan for a successful transition between two-year and four-year institutions.
- WolframAlphanew window
Wolfram|Alpha introduces a fundamentally new way to get knowledge and answers— not by searching the web, but by doing dynamic computations based on a vast collection of built-in data, algorithms, and methods.
- MATLAB Centralnew window
A place where you can get answers, challenge yourself and others, and share your knowledge. Tap into the knowledge and experience of over 100,000 community members and MathWorks employees.
- Significant Figures from the STEM Transfer Student Success Initiativenew window
Tests and a video on learning significant figures.
End of sidebar