Engage in Activities, Culture, Enrichment, and Sports
Opportunities for 50+ Learners at Montgomery College
Montgomery College offers many opportunities to engage in cultural activities, attend lectures, participate in swimming or sports or just watch the MC Raptors basketball games. Do you like to volunteer, or participate in the MC Alumni organization? Summer Dinner Theatre is a very popular activity. There are lots of things you can do to at the College and in the community.
Arts and Entertainment
- Parilla Performing Arts Centernew window located on the Rockville Campus. Music, Dance, and Theatre programs at Montgomery College.
- Cultural Arts Centernew window located on the Takoma Park/ Silver Spring Campus on Georgia Avenue. Music, Theatre, Dance, Cultural Exhibitions, Film, Lectures, and Forums.
- Performing Arts at Montgomery Collegenew window. Are you a musician? Try auditioning for one of the music ensembles or orchestras in the music department. Just like to listen? Many performances are open to the public.
- Summer Dinner Theatrenew window. Each summer the College puts on two different musicals complete with a delicious buffet dinner.
- Chautauquanew window. This is a humanities program in which scholars assume the costume and character of historical figures.
- Frank Islam Athenaeum Symposia Speaker Seriesnew window. Distinguished speakers offer timely, stimulating topics delivered by today's leading experts in international affairs, social science, the humanities, arts, politics, and economics.
- Spectrum Lecture Seriesnew window. This is a science-oriented lecture series aimed at a non-scientific audience. Typically, there are three to four lectures per academic year on a variety of science topics, which will be posted on this webpage as details become available.
Many of the events at the College can be found on the calendar. For arts and entertainment shows, visit the venue websites.
Sports: Watch the Raptors Play, Join a Class, or Participate in a Golf and Tennis Classic.
- Montgomery College Athleticsnew window - Home of the RAPTORS.
- Lifelong Learning Wellness Coursesnew window, noncredit exercise classes.
- Montgomery College Credit Physical Education Coursesnew window
- Swimming Poolsnew window are located on each of our three main campuses – Germantown, Rockville, Takoma Park/ Silver Spring. Swim lessons, fitness classes, water exercises, Skin and SCUBA diving lessons. Pick up a pool pass.
- Golf and Tennis Classicnew window Participate in the Montgomery College Foundation tournament to benefit the Scholarship Programs at Montgomery College.
Volunteering and Supporting Students
- Service Learning and Civic Engagement at Montgomery College new windowThrough academic and co-curricular service-learning and civic engagement, MC’s Service-Learning Program engages students, faculty, and community organizations in meaningful, collaborative, and mutually beneficial projects.
- Office of Student Life calendar. See what is happening.
Montgomery College Alumni Association
- The MC Alumni Associationnew window. There are a lot of ways in which to volunteer—from greeting guests and selling raffle tickets at our annual fundraiser to becoming a mentor for a current student.
- Many activities are listed on the Calendarnew window.
- Support Montgomery College and the Students. Help our students with tuition, textbooks, supplies, and even emergency funds – used for students who struggle to pay for bus fare, shelter and even food.
End of sidebar