- Workforce Development and Continuing Education
- Lifelong Learning, Programs for 50+ Learners at MC
- Engage in Activities, Culture, Enrichment, and Sports
Engage in Activities, Culture, Enrichment, and Sports
Montgomery College offers many opportunities to engage in cultural activities, attend lectures, participate in swimming or sports or just watch the MC Raptors Basketball Games. Do you like to volunteer, or participate in the MC Alumni organization? Summer Dinner Theatre is a very popular activity. There are lots of things you can do to at the College and in the community.
- Parilla Performing Arts Center located on the Rockville Campus. Music, Dance, and Theatre programs at Montgomery College.
- Cultural Arts Center located on the Takoma Park/ Silver Spring Campus on Georgia Avenue. Music, Theatre, Dance, Cultural Exhibitions, Film, Lectures, and Forums.
- Performing Arts at Montgomery College. Are you a musician? Try auditioning for one of the music ensembles or orchestras in the music department. Just like to listen? Many performances are open to the public.
- Summer Dinner Theatre. Each summer the College puts on two different musicals complete with a delicious buffet dinner.
- Chautauqua. This is a humanities program in which scholars assume the costume and character of historical figures.
- Frank Islam Athenaeum Symposia Speaker Series. Distinguished speakers offer timely, stimulating topics delivered by today's leading experts in international affairs, social science, the humanities, arts, politics, and economics.
- Spectrum Lecture Series. This is a science-oriented lecture series aimed at a non-scientific audience. Typically, there are three to four lectures per academic year on a variety of science topics, which will be posted on this webpage as details become available.
Many of the events at the College can be found on the calendar. For arts and entertainment shows, visit the venue websites.
- Montgomery College Athletics - Home of the RAPTORS.
- Lifelong Learning Wellness Courses, noncredit exercise classes.
- Montgomery College Credit Physical Education Courses
- Swimming Pools are located on each of our three main campuses – Germantown, Rockville, Takoma Park/ Silver Spring. Swim lessons, fitness classes, water exercises, Skin and SCUBA diving lessons. Pick up a pool pass.
- Golf and Tennis Classic Participate in the Montgomery College Foundation tournament to benefit the Scholarship Programs at Montgomery College.
- Service Learning and Civic Engagement at Montgomery College Through academic and co-curricular service-learning and civic engagement, MC’s Service-Learning Program engages students, faculty, and community organizations in meaningful, collaborative, and mutually beneficial projects.
- Office of Student Life Weekly eNews Letter. Sign up to be added to our email list. Receive updates on volunteering, service-learning, alternative break trips, and important OSL happenings.
- The MC Alumni Association. There are a lot of ways in which to volunteer—from greeting guests and selling raffle tickets at our annual fundraiser to becoming a mentor for a current student.
- Many activities are listed on the Calendar.
- Support Montgomery College and the Students. Help our students with tuition, textbooks, supplies, and even emergency funds – used for students who struggle to pay for bus fare, shelter and even food.