HUI and MHP Scholarship Opportunity
About the HUI and MHP Scholarship
Housing Unlimited Inc. and Montgomery Housing Partnership
A limited number of scholarships are available, pending funding, through Montgomery College Workforce Development and Continuing Education for qualified HUI (Housing Unlimited Inc) and MHP (Montgomery Housing Partnership) residents. Scholarship funding is awarded each term as available. The scholarship money is awarded for tuition and fees only. Cost of books is not included.
To be eligible to apply for the HUI and MHP WDCE Noncredit Scholarship, the student must:
- Be a resident of HUI or MHP housing.
- Supply verification of residency.
- Have no unmet / unaddressed financial obligations to Montgomery College
How to Apply for the HUI and MHP WDCE NONCREDIT CLASSES Scholarship
These directions are for WDCE Noncredit classes only.
- Complete the WDCE Noncredit / MC Foundation Scholarship Application (PDF, )
- You must list the course(s) you wish to take, visit WDCE schedule of classesnew window.
- Complete the HUI and MHP Scholarship Application Checklist (PDF, )
- Provide proof of residency (see checklist for accepted documentation)
- Submit the completed Application, Checklist, and documentation in one envelope by
- Montgomery College, Workforce Development and Continuing Education
- Attn: HUI / MHP Scholarship
- 51 Mannakee Street, CC220
- Rockville, Maryland 20850
- Questions should be directed to:
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all required materials in one envelope. Incomplete scholarship application packets will not be considered. All information received is considered confidential and the noncredit application will be reviewed only by the WDCE Scholarship Review committee.
SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail. Recipients with a signed acceptance letter form can use the amount awarded them to pay for tuition and fees for the selected courses. Noncredit students must fill out a WDCE Registration Form (PDF, ) to complete the registration process.
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Scholarship awards will be paid by posting the grant payment directly to student accounts once registration in specified course(s) is completed. Students are responsible for registering for the course(s) listed on the application. When registering, students must submit their award letter as proof of forthcoming payment in the amount specified on the award letter for tuition and fees, along with a completed WDCE Registration Form (PDF, ) . You may mail, fax, or email the two documents to complete the registration. Mail, Fax, and Email information is listed below.
Recipients are responsible for paying for books. Students are responsible for notifying Montgomery College of any changes in address or contact information. Recipients are responsible for adhering to Montgomery College policy and procedures. If the student cannot take the designated class(es) the scholarship monies are forfeited, and the student is NOT entitled to a refund.
Montgomery College Workforce Development and Continuing Education reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this grant program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
- Mail: Montgomery College
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Attn: HUI and MHP WDCE SCHOLARSHIP
51 Mannakee Street, CC220
Rockville, MD 20850
- Fax number: 240-683-6945
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions should be directed to: