Skip to main content

Course Equivalencies

Course equivalencies tell you if and how credits transfer from one college or university to another. 

Transferring FROM MC to Another School 

If you're planning to transfer your credits earned at MC to another school, go to that school's website. Look for their transfer equivalencies, transfer evaluation system, or course equivalencies. Many schools have databases or systems you can use to determine how your credits will transfer.

You can also review our transfer agreements (and talk to a counselor or advisor) to make sure your credits will transfer.


ARTSYSnew window is the articulation system for Maryland colleges and universities. It's intended to aid the transfer of students from Maryland community colleges to the University System of Maryland institutions and other participating institutions. It provides course equivalencies, transcript evaluations, program/major searches, and more. 

Please work with a counselor/advisor when using ARTSYS. Do not use the red "general education" links, as they do not align with MC general education areas.

Transferring TO MC

Do you want to transfer credits TO Montgomery College from another school? View our Course Equivalency Spreadsheet (PDF, Get Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader - Link opens in new window) to see how courses will transfer INTO Montgomery College. Use Ctrl-F to search for the school from which you earned the credits.

Learn more about transferring to MC