Transfer Agreements and Information: By Institution
Every year, Montgomery College students transfer to schools all over the country. We have transfer agreements and partnerships in place with more than 40 institutions. This means you can make a seamless transition to a four-year school and earn your bachelor's degree.
Credits you earn at Montgomery College can be transferred to virtually any four-year school—not just the schools. Not all credits will necessarily be accepted at every school, so work with a counselor or advisor at MC. Contact your preferred transfer institution to make sure your credits will transfer.
See transfer agreements and information by institution or by major/area of study:
Montgomery College has at least one transfer agreement in place with each of the schools listed below. By following a transfer agreement, you can be sure that your credits will transfer seamlessly.
You may also transfer to these schools even if there is no formal transfer agreement in your major. Work with a counselor or advisor at MC and contact your destination school to make sure your credits will transfer.
* Indicates a school with which MC has a special transfer partnership with additional benefits. These include guaranteed admissions/enrollment, honors programs, and/or scholarships.
Learning Format: Online
American Military University and American Public University, part of the American Public University System (APUS), welcome you to enjoy the benefits of our partnership with Montgomery College. It is designed to offer you the most transfer credits possible to help you complete your bachelor’s degree quickly and efficiently. With your conferred associate degree, the University System awards up to 30 credits toward your general education requirement with up to 90 transfer credits possible for prior learning, work experience, military experience, and professional training. *
APUS is committed to providing access to high-quality, affordable education. We offer 200+ online degrees and certificates for motivated working professionals seeking to make a difference.
American Public Universitynew window students typically represent those working in business, healthcare, education, and public service settings, as well as other mission-driven communities. Throughout our history, we have held to our core principle to provide affordable, accessible, and career-relevant education to prepare students for service and leadership in a diverse, global society. Learn more on APU’s Montgomery College partnership pagenew window.
Are you a servicemember, military spouse/dependent, or veteran? You may feel right at home at American Military Universitynew window. AMU is the #1 provider of higher education to the U.S. military and veterans, based on 2019 Department of Defense tuition assistance and Veterans Administration student enrollment data, as reported by Military Times, 2020. AMU students benefit from the same quality online education with a focus on affordability, convenience, and flexibility. Learn more on AMU’s Montgomery College partnership pagenew window.
How we make your education affordable:
- $285/undergraduate credit hour
- $0 textbooks/ebooks for all undergraduates
- Tech fee waiver for all Montgomery College graduates
- $0 application fee
- $0 transfer credit evaluation
- No entrance exams
More reasons to choose APUS:
- Convenience: Benefit from weekly class schedules with no set login times.
- Flexibility: Classes start monthly with mostly 8-week formats, so you can begin on your schedule.
- Respected: American Public University System is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* The University applies transfer credits within current policies and procedures.
American Public University System
Montgomery College and Arizona State University have established a partnership to support seamless transfer between institutions with MyPath2ASU™.
Choose from more than 400 course-by-course major maps that lead to on-ground or online ASU bachelor's degrees. By picking a major and identifying a transfer institution, MyPath2ASU helps to identify what courses to take at MC for an ASU baccalaureate degree. Save time, money, and minimize loss of credit during the transfer journey. See Transfer from MC to Arizona State University.
Bowie State University Websitenew window
Address: 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715
Bowie State University has a full range of undergraduate and graduate programs. It offers 22 marketable undergraduate degrees in relevant fields, and 38 master's, doctoral, and advanced certificate programs to help people of all ages advance their careers.
The university’s advanced teaching and research facilities include a FlexPod, one of the latest computing innovations with the capabilities of a supercomputer in a box the size of two student desks. Bowie is also home to a satellite operations control center managed in conjunction with NASA and an all-Steinway Fine and Performing Arts Center equipped with the latest technologies for digital media arts and music production.
Capitol Technology University Websitenew window
Enrollment Agreement and Scholarship: Complete an associate's degree at MC and transfer to Capitol Tech with a 2.0 GPA or higher to receive $12,000 per year for two years for full-time enrollment or $6,000 per year for four years for part-time enrollment.
- AA Business to BS Technology & Business Management - coming soon
- AAS Cybersecurity to BS Cyber and Information Security (PDF, )
- AS Electrical Engineering to BS Electrical Engineering (PDF, )
- AA General Studies, STEM to BS Technology & Business Management - coming soon
Sanada Spellman, Transfer Counselor
Address: 11301 Springfield Rd, Laurel, MD 20708
From the student-made video game console, to the eight centers of excellence and labs; their culture of innovation is deeply ingrained into all aspects of the Capitol Technology experience. Their programs integrate scientific theory with hands-on experience. Undergraduate students gain practical knowledge—so they graduate job-ready—plus they develop an enhanced sense of self and society through liberal arts courses.
Their programs are designed to support our mission: to educate individuals for professional opportunities in engineering, computer and information sciences, and business. They provide relevant learning experiences that lead to success in the evolving global community.
Chamberlain University Websitenew window
- AS Nursing to BS Nursing 22-23 (PDF, )
At Chamberlain, they believe if they take extraordinary care of their students, they will graduate extraordinary nurses who can have a significant and positive impact on healthcare around the world.
Chamberlain makes students a part of their educational culture, with the belief that extraordinary care of nursing students is more likely to lead to extraordinary patient and family care.
They prepare nurses to practice the art of nursing through the concept of Chamberlain Care. Faculty and staff display behaviors of care, respect and professionalism, creating a culture that fosters collaboration, cooperation and respect among all. By modeling a care-based set of beliefs, values and behaviors expected to be exemplified by professional nurses, Chamberlain faculty strive to impart the qualities of extraordinary nurses into their students.
Charter Oak State College Websitenew window
- AAS in Health Information Management to BS in Health Information Management 22-23 (PDF, )
Cindy Egerton, MHA, MEd, RHIA
Director, Health Information Management Program
Address: 55 Paul J. Manafort Drive, New Britain, CT 06053
Charter Oak State College is Connecticut's public online college offering master's programs, bachelor's and associate degree programs, and certificate programs for adults. The college was established in 1973 by the Connecticut legislature and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), and by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education.
The college offers degree completion programs in a number of high-demand fields including Business, Health Care, Public Safety, Cyber Security and more. Students can complete degrees in many majors and concentrations through the exclusive use of affordable and accelerated online courses offered by the college. In other cases, majors and concentrations may be completed by combining Charter Oak's courses and other sources of credit.
Coppin State University websitenew window
- AA Business to BS Accounting 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Management 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Marketing 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Management Information Systems 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Sport Management 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AS in Data Science to BS in Data Science 2022-2023 (PDF, )
Coppin State University helps you transform the life you have into the life you want. Their innovative undergraduate and graduate programs, hands-on learning opportunities, and rigorous coursework have been preparing students to succeed for generations.
Engage with award-winning faculty and exchange ideas with peer students as motivated as you are to be the next generation of industry leaders and professionals. Coppin State University will surround you with experiences for you to develop and broaden your understanding of the world—and your place in it. Get involved in all the academic opportunities, professional connections, community service, and fun activities.
Dickinson College Websitenew window
Honors Program Guaranteed Admissions Agreementnew window: Students with a 3.25 GPA and enrolled in the MC Honors program will be guaranteed admission into Dickinson and into the Honors program at Dickinson.
- The application fee will be waived.
- Students must have earned an associate's degree.
- Each student will be considered for a $15,000 annual Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, the John Montgomery Scholarship ($10,000 per year) or the Founders Scholarship ($7,500 per year) based on grades, curriculum and leadership abilities. No separate application is required.
Tara Fischer, Associate Dean of Academic Advising & College Dean
Address: 28 N College St., Carlisle, PA 17013
Dickinson offers a liberal arts education that is distinctive in purpose and approach. Our founders intended Dickinson graduates to use their liberal arts education as a powerful agent of change to advance the lot of humankind. We expect no less today.
A Dickinson education prepares its graduates to become engaged citizens by incorporating a global vision that permeates the entire student experience, creating a community of inquiry that allows students to cross disciplinary boundaries and make new intellectual connections, and encouraging students to be enterprising and active by engaging their communities, the nation and the world.
Drexel University Websitenew window
Select the catalog year that you started at MC:
Lauren Lewis, Assistant Director for Transfer Admissions
Address: 3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. Drexel has built its global reputation on core achievements that include leadership in experiential learning through Drexel Co-op, a history of academic technology firsts, recognition as a model of best practices in translational, and use-inspired research. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
- Hospitality Management – Food and Beverage Management Area of Concentration AAS to Hospitality Management BS (PDF, )
- Hospitality Management – Management/Supervision Area of Concentration AAS to Hospitality Management BS (PDF, )
Florida International University's Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management has been distinguished as the #8 U.S. public hospitality program. More than 1,800 undergraduate and graduate students from across the nation and around the world choose FIU for its outstanding reputation, advantageous campus locations, expert faculty, rich curriculum, and fast-track career opportunities in the international hotel, food service, and tourism industries.
Complete either AAS degree in Hospitality Management at Montgomery College with a 2.85 GPA or higher to receive guaranteed admission to FIU, Chaplin School of Hospitality in B.S. in Hospitality Management or B.A. in Global Sustainable Tourism.
FIU offers rolling admission during the summer, fall and spring terms. Apply by the deadlines below to be admitted to the term of your choice.
Summer A/C 2023
Summer B 2023
- Apply by July 10 for fall admission or Dec. 1 for spring admission
FIU, Chaplin School of Hospitality:
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- B.A. in Global Sustainable Tourism
Frostburg State University Websitenew window
Address: 101 Braddock Road, Frostburg, MD 21532-2303
Frostburg has a unique, valuable education for everyone! No matter what major you pick, you’ll enjoy high-quality, active learning experiences that prepare you for the real world. You’ll meet experienced professionals, thrive with your peers, find a passion and delve into work that makes a difference.
- Small classes, with a 16:1 student-teacher ratio, give you personalized learning time with passionate professors dedicated to teaching.
- Prestigious internships hosted by groups like the US Senate, the National Institutes of Health, the American Cancer Society and IBM help you jumpstart your career.
- Research opportunities abound! Many FSU professors actively involve students in their work, and every student has a chance to take on a big project of their own.
- Study abroad programs covering the globe link you to one-of-a-kind opportunities to experience the world.
George Mason University Websitenew window
Complete an AA, AS, or AAS at MC with a 2.85 GPA or higher to receive guaranteed admission to George Mason (not necessarily into any major, just admission to George Mason). Applicants should:
- Apply by March 1 for fall admission or Oct. 1 for spring admission
- Complete a minimum of 40 college-level credits toward the AA, AS, or AAT at MC
- Provide the Mason Office of Admissions a final MC transcript reflecting the transfer associate’s degree conferral date
MC students are automatically considered for a non-resident Patriot Transfer Scholarship. Students with cumulative GPA of 2.85 - 3.49 are considered for a $10,000 annual award. Students with cumulative GPA of 3.5 - 4.0 are considered for a $12,000 annual award. Recipients must be classified as non-residents of Virginia and maintain full-time enrollment each fall and spring semester. The scholarship is offered for 2 academic years. Students are required to maintain a minimum 2.75 Mason GPA.
Under this agreement, MC applicants are eligible for direct entry into 65 of Mason’s 84 undergraduate majors. There are 19 majors which have selective admission requirements that exceed those listed in Section II. These majors include:
Volgenau School of Engineering
- Applied Computer Science, BS
- Bioengineering, BS
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, BS
- Computer Engineering, BS
- Computer Science, BS
- Cyber Security Engineering, BS
- Electrical Engineering, BS
- Mechanical Engineering, BS
- Systems Engineering, BS
Admission to an engineering or computer science major is competitive. Applicants are encouraged to present a 3.00+ CGPA. For direct admission to the major, Engineering applicants must have completed MATH 181 and 182 with grades of A or B prior to application to Mason. For direct admission to the major, Computer Science applicants must have completed MATH 181 and CMSC 140 with grades of A or B prior to application to Mason.
College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Art and Visual Technology, BA
- Art and Visual Technology, BFA
- Computer Game Design, BFA
- Dance, BA
- Dance, BFA
- Film and Video Studies, BA
- Music, BA
- Music, BM
- Theater, BA
- Theater, BFA
Admission to a major within the College of Visual and Performing Arts is competitive. Applicants must successfully audition for Dance, Music and Theater. Applicants to Art and Visual Technology, Computer Game Design and Film and Video Studies must successfully pass a portfolio review.
School of Nursing
- Nursing, BSN
Admission to the traditional BSN program requires a minimum 3.00 GPA and completion of courses in Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Statistics, Nutrition, Developmental Psychology and Bioethics. Applications are only accepted for fall admission. Students must submit two applications: the Mason transfer application and the School of Nursing BSN application.
Nick Mahaljevic, Assistant Director of Admissions
As Virginia’s largest public research university, George Mason sets the standard for a bold, progressive education that serves their students and communities. Their identity was forged in 1972 on Virginia's strong ideals of academic excellence and service. Today, that spirit energizes them as a leader in scholarship and research; preparing graduates to meet the complex needs of a rapidly changing world.
- College of Professional Studiesnew window
- Nursing Schoolnew window
Learn About the Nursing School Requirements (PDF, )
- AS in Bioinformatics to BSHS in Biomedical Informatics (PDF, )
- AAS in Biotechnology to BSHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences (PDF, )
- AAS Paralegal Studies to BA in Paralegal Studies 22-23 (PDF, )
- AS in Public Health Sciences to B.S.H.S. in Medical Laboratory Sciences (PDF, )
- AS in Science, Biological Science to B.S.H.S. in Biomedical Informatics (PDF, )
- AS in Science, Biological Science to B.S.H.S. in Medical Laboratory Sciences (PDF, )
College of Professional Studies:
- AA General Studies (SSAH) to BS Police and Security Studies 22-23 (PDF, )
- AAS Criminal Justice to BS Police and Security Studies 22-23 (PDF, )
GW School of Nursing
Jeff Delinski, Director, Police and Security Studies Program
Sara Hooshangi, Ph.D., Program Director, Integrated Information, Science and Technology
Our students come to GW for many reasons. They come for passionate faculty, for diverse student groups, for Division I athletics, for once in a lifetime internships and for inspiring service opportunities. GW, like many universities, provides all of this. But our students come for something else, as well.
They don't just want to do a community service project. They want to meet, and then exceed, a service challenge from the First Lady of the United States.
They don't just want to view slides of art. They want to debate masterpieces in the galleries of world-class museums or dance on the stages of the Kennedy Center.
And they don’t just want to take an engineering course. They want to conduct research in a stunning new core lab facility with faculty who are quite literally shaping the world of tomorrow.
Housed in a city unlike any other, our students gain an education unlike any other. The whole city is our classroom, and our students emerge not just with a diploma, but with experiences that could only happen at GW.
Georgetown University Websitenew window
Enrollment Agreement with Georgetown School of Continuing Studies:
- Complete an AA or AS degree with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher for admission if you meet Georgetown's admission requirements.
- Opportunity to be considered for two half-tuition scholarships (John Lafarge and Phi Theta Kappa Bridge Scholarships)
- Non-native speakers of English must provide TOEFL test scores meeting the minimum standards for admission, 550-600 (paper based-test), 225-250 (computer-based test), or 90-100 (iBT)
- All students interested in enrolling at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown will be required to take the Accounting Placement exam. Students should register for this exam as soon as they finish ACCT222 with MC.
Transfer Agreements (Main Campus)
- AS Science, Biological Sciences to BS Biology (PDF, )
- AS Science, Environmental Science & Policy to BS Environmental Science (PDF, )
Address: Room 103 White Gravenor Hall, 37th and O Streets, NW, Washington, DC 20057
Georgetown University is one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world. We are a vibrant community of exceptional students, faculty, alumni and professionals dedicated to real-world applications of our research, scholarship, faith and service.
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies: Georgetown's Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies prepares students to advance their understanding of the world and develop the tools they need to reach their life goals. Through flexible class schedules and formats, a wide breadth of concentration options, and extensive support from program faculty and staff, students receive a comprehensive educational experience rooted in Georgetown’s tradition of academic excellence. The mission of the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program is to provide a high-quality undergraduate education, rooted in the liberal studies approach and the Jesuit tradition of forming “women and men for others,” to non-traditional students in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area. The program's course offerings are of the same quality as the course offerings of Georgetown University's traditional programs, but are tailored to meet the intellectual and practical needs of non-traditional students.
Georgia Tech Websitenew window
AS Engineering Science, General to BS Engineering:
- Students must obtain a letter of recommendation from the Chair of the Engineering Department at MC.
- See Engineering Advising and Transfer for more information.
Search Georgia Tech's transfer articulation databasenew window to see how your credits will transfer.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology. It is also known as Georgia Tech, is a top-ranked public college and one of the leading research universities in the USA.
Georgia Tech provides a technologically focused education to more than 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students in fields ranging from engineering, computing, and sciences, to business, design, and liberal arts.
Goucher College Websitesnew window
You can apply to Goucher as a transfer student if you have successfully completed
more than 12 credits.
We encourage students to complete an associate’s degree and will reward you with an additional $2500 transfer scholarship. In addition, you will be eligible to have some of our Commons requirements waived if you have earned an AA or AS degree.
Learning Format: In-Person
Honors to Honors Agreement: Offers guaranteed admission to MC Honors students. The application fee is waived. Students must meet the following criteria:
- Must apply to Goucher College, and meet all requirements of admission to Goucher
- Must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application to Goucher
- Must complete or be in the process of completing all requirements for an A.A., AS or A.A.T. degree from MC
- Must complete or be in the process of completing all requirements for the MC Honors program prior to transfer to Goucher
- Scholarship Information - Students who meet the above criteria will:
- Be considered for a transfer merit scholarship up to $20,000
- Receive an additional $2,000 scholarship if a member of Phi Theta Kappa
- Receive an additional $2,500 if they earn an A.A./A/S./A.A.T. degree with a minimum of 12 honors credits and a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA
Tina Caretti, Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
Address: 1021 Dulaney Valley Rd, Baltimore, MD 21204
Goucher is a part of the 40 Colleges that Change Lives. We are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as: “One of the Most Innovative Liberal Arts Colleges”, “Top Academic Program for Study Abroad”, and we are recognized for “Campus Ethnic Diversity at a Liberal Arts College”.
All applicants are considered for a renewable transfer merit scholarship ranging up to $26,500. Phi Theta Kappa members receive an additional merit award of $2,000. Students who complete their A.A. or A.S. degree are eligible to receive $2,500. 97% of our students receive financial aid. Goucher has a guaranteed admission agreement with MC for honors students.
- AAS Cybersecurity to BS Computer and Information Science with a concentration in Cybersecurity (PDF, )
Brian Morris, Senior Admissions Counselor
Call: 717-901-5100, ext. 0123
Address: 326 Market St, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is a private urban educational institution that provides competencies that encourage the successful navigation of the STEM careers by all students. Harrisburg University opened its doors on August 25th, welcoming its first class of 113 students. The University represents STEM-based economic development and it has become a blue print for chambers of commerce around the nation to meet their talent dividends.
Central to Harrisburg University’s mission is to link education to business needs in the region. Long before we accepted a single application, senior management met with more than 100 chief executive officers from companies throughout the Commonwealth to determine their workforce needs. Based on the answers the university designed its curriculum. Members of regional industry are also participant in developing the university’s course curriculum and participating as corporate faculty and program advisory members. Additionally, multiple internships are mandatory.
Hood College website new window
Guaranteed Admissions Agreement: Earn an AA, AS, or AAT degree with a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA for guaranteed admission if you meet Hood's admission requirements. Up to 62 credits accepted. Access to an Academic Success Counselor who will work with MC students through the admission process and during their first year at Hood as an academic and non-academic resource.
Honors Agreement: MC Honors students who are admitted to the Hood College Honors Program will be awarded a $1,000 per semester Honors scholarship. This scholarship is stackable with other scholarships offered by Hood. Students will be guaranteed admission to the Hood College Honors Program once they have met the following criteria:
- Have applied and been accepted to Hood College as a full-time student
- Have successfully completed the MC Honors Program
- Have completed an AA, AS, or AAT degree and/or a minimum of 56 credits
- Have earned at least a 3.7 cumulative GPA at the time of application to Hood College
- Students who transfer to Hood and enroll in a full-time basis will be awarded a special MC scholarship in the amount of $500 per semester. Phi Theta Kappa students will receive a $1,000 scholarship each semester.
- Students who meet the requirements are eligible for a renewable transfer merit scholarship
based on full-time enrollment upon transfer:
- Leaders' Scholarship - 40% of tuition with a 3.5 GPA
- Trailblazer Scholarship - 33% of tuition with a 3.0 GPA
- Recognition Award - 25% of tuition with a 2.5 GPA
- Students can interview on-campus at Hood to possibly increase their merit scholarship. MC students not already eligible for the Leaders' Scholarship may be considered for an increase to their transfer merit scholarship amount, based on an on-campus interview. Students are eligible for one, or all, of the above scholarships.
Whitney Yount, Admissions Counselor
Address: 401 Rosemont Ave, Frederick, MD 21701
Hood College is an independent liberal arts college located on a striking and stunningly picturesque campus in the vibrant and historic central Maryland city of Frederick. The College’s well-regarded faculty and caring support staff provide a quality education at the undergraduate and graduate levels in a small-college environment that integrates the liberal arts with professional studies and experiential learning. Hood’s core values and traditions, its commitment to continuous improvement, comparative excellence, and exceeding student expectations have made it a treasured institution to current students and to more than 23,000 graduates living in the United States and around the world.
James Madison University websitenew window
Guaranteed Admissions Agreement: Complete an AA, AS, or AAT degree with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher for guaranteed admission if you meet JMU's admission requirements. Submit a Letter of Intentnew window to be eligible for transfer under this agreement.
Adam Anderson, Associate Dean of Admissions
Address: 800 S Main St, Harrisonburg, VA 22807
James Madison University is a public university located in Harrisonburg, VA with a current enrollment above 21,000. Founded in 1908 primarily as a teacher’s college, JMU has grown over the years to now offer 124 academic programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level. It has consistently been ranked as either the No. 1 or No. 2 top public school in the South for over the last decade - U.S. News & World Report, 2017. Recently, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (2016) ranked JMU as one of the Top 100 “Best Values in Public Colleges.” Their College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, reserved for the top 5 percent of business schools in the world. JMU’s “impressive balance of educational, social and extracurricular activities to enrich students’ experience” earned the school a place in The Princeton Review’s Colleges That Pay You Back: The 200 Schools That Give You the Best Bang for Your Tuition Buck - 2016 Edition.
Loyola University Maryland websitenew window
Honors to Honors Agreement: Students with an AA, AS, AAT and in some cases an AAS receive an application fee waiver and are guaranteed admission to Loyola University Maryland if they apply by the published priority deadline of March 15, have completed at least 12 credits in an MC Honors Program, have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 and meet all other admission criteria.
- AA in Business to BBA in Business 22-23 (PDF, )
- AS in Science, Biological Science to BS in Biology (PDF, )
- AA in Business to Bachelor of Business Administration in Leadership & Organizational Effectiveness OR Business Economics OR Information Systems & Data Analytics OR International Business OR Marketing OR Sustainability Management 22-23 (PDF, )
Maureen Finnegan, Director of Transfer Admissions
Address: 4501 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210
Loyola University Maryland is a private Jesuit university. Our mission is to actively transform and inspire students to learn, lead and serve in today’s diverse and ever-changing world. We believe the time-tested Jesuit approach to living and learning is the strongest anchor and your most accurate compass for the future. Loyola is built to provide each student everything a Jesuit education can and should be: your mind expanded, your values deepened, your community broadened, your spirit lifted, your horizons widened.
At Loyola, our 4,000 undergraduate students have the advantage of an average class size of 20 students, a student-faculty ratio of 11:1 and 0 classes taught by graduate students or teaching assistants. With over 80% of our students participating in an internship, practicum and/or field experience, the 67,000 living alumni living around the world, and the unique approach used by our Career Center, it’s easy to understand why 95% of our graduates are employed, in graduate school or completing a year of service within 6-9 months of receiving their diploma.
Loyola will help you to embrace new perspectives. Shatter your preconceptions. Find your joy. Divine your truths. So that when you graduate, you’ll be ready. Ready to meet the complex demands of today. To anticipate and adapt to the needs of tomorrow. To forge and sustain a successful career that’s true to who you are. To build a life you love—and create the world you imagine.
Beginning with the start of the 2021-22 academic year, we have implemented a Seamless Transfer policy for students from Maryland Community Colleges who hold an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree. Our new policy means that the student will have been deemed to have satisfied Loyola’s Liberal Arts Core requirements with the exception of one Philosophy course and 1 Theology course which must be taken at Loyola (there are a range of courses they choose from). It will also cover Loyola’s foreign language requirement if the student has completed 2 semesters of foreign language study while at the community college.
Financially, we also began automatically awarding $3,000 for any student who will have earned their associates degree by the time they begin their studies at Loyola - the Community College Grant. There is an additional $3,000 grant automatically awarded for any PTK member. Both of these are stackable on our merit scholarships which for are valued between $20,000 - $27,000 this year and next fall will be $20,000 - $33,000. There’s no application required for any of those awards. All of them are renewable for up to 4 years of full-time study and a Loyola GPA of a 2.0.
Marymount University websitenew window
Note: There is not a rigid application deadline; Marymount recommends that prospective transfers complete their application by July 1 for fall entry and December 1 for spring entry. This will allow ample time to meet your advisor, schedule courses and secure housing (if needed).
Guaranteed Admissions Agreement: Complete an A.A., A.S., A.A.T. or A.F.A. degree with a cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher for guaranteed admission if you meet Marymount's admission requirements. Benefits:
- Application fee is waived
- $250 Barnes & Noble gift card that may be applied toward textbook costs
- $250 Metro SmarTrip card that may be applied toward travel expenses
- Guaranteed residence hall space for students who deposit & request housing by April 15 for fall and Nov. 1 for spring
- Program-specific individual advising
Honors to Honors Agreement: MC students admitted to Marymount's Honors Program are eligible to receive various transfer scholarships.
- First-degree transfer students who were in MC's Phi Theta Kappa chapter and who completed at least 30 credits with a 3.5 GPA are eligible for a renewable PTK scholarship of up to $2,000. Priority consideration will be given to applications received before May 1.
- MC students admitted to Marymount's Honors Program are eligible to receive a $4,000 per year Honors Scholarship, renewable while enrolled full-time, successfully complete at least one Honors course per year, and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA.
- MC students who are not Virginia residents but wish to live on-campus are eligible for a $3,000 residential grant, renewable for up to 4 years.
- Students with a minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA will automatically receive a $6,000 annual transfer scholarship (excludes accelerated BSN students)
- Phi Theta Kappa students with a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA will receive an additional $2,000 annual tuition scholarship
- Applications are encouraged to apply for admission to Marymount's Honors Program. If accepted, the student receives an annual $4,000 scholarship in addition to the automatic transfer scholarship.
- AAS Cybersecurity to BS Information Technology with a specialty in Networking and Cybersecurity (PDF, )
- AA Interior Design to BA Interior Design (PDF, )
Search Marymount's equivalency databasenew window to see how your credits will transfer.
Louis Frisenda, Assistant Vice Provost, Academic Affairs
Address: 2807 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22207
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university, guided by the traditions of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, that emphasizes intellectual curiosity, service to others, and a global perspective. A Marymount education is grounded in the liberal arts, promotes career preparation, and provides opportunities for personal and professional growth. A student‐centered learning community that values diversity and focuses on the education of the whole person, Marymount guides the intellectual, ethical, and spiritual development of each individual.
McDaniel College websitenew window
Honors to Honors Agreement: Students will be guaranteed admission into the Honors program if they:
- Complete an AA, AS, AFA, AAT, or AAS degree at MC.
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours of honors coursework at MC.
Students will be automatically considered for the following scholarships:
- $22,000 with a 3.66 GPA or higher
- $20,000 with a 3.26 - 3.65 GPA or higher
- $16,000 with a 2.8 - 3.25 GPA or higher
- An additional $2,000 is awarded to each level of scholarship if you are in Phi Theta Kappa.
Application fee is waived. Must apply by April 1 (for fall enrollment) or January 4 (for spring enrollment).
Stephanie Stahler, Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Address: 2 College Hill, Westminster, MD 21157
At McDaniel, our approach to the transfer process is individualized. Many types of transfer students come to us and they have different goals about what they want out of their remaining years on our campus. We don't do a one size fits all approach to our transfer advising, we find out what the student wants and see if we are a good fit for them. Whether a student is with us for a year, two years or more we are still looking for them to have the McDaniel Experience, which includes being an active campus member and a lifelong member of our community long after you've graduated.
Morgan State University website new window
CONNECT Alternative Admission Program (PDF, ) — The Connect Program is a partnership between Morgan State University (MSU) and Montgomery College (MC) in which Connect participants are provided with academic and support services to aid in their successful transition from MC to MSU with the goal of retention and graduation. While studying at MC, Connect program participants will be invited to experience campus culture at Morgan State through a series of curated events designed to provide program participants with the opportunity to engage with MSU students, faculty, and staff.
Transfer Incentive Program (TIP) — TIP is a scholarship program for transfer students who intend to transfer to Morgan State during the fall term, have earned their associate degree and plan to study one of the accepted majors. The TIP scholarship provides up to $2,000 per semester for up to five semesters. Eligible transfer students must have earned their associate degree and must enroll in one of the accepted majors at Morgan. Interested transfer applicants should submit the online admissions application and all supporting documentation (i.e. transcripts). Your eligibility for the scholarship will be determined when your admissions application is evaluated. You will be notified if you are awarded the scholarship. If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- AAS Architectural/Construction Tech, Architectural Technology to BS Architecture & Environmental Design (PDF, )
- AAS Architectural/Construction Tech, Mgmt of Construction to BS Construction Management (PDF, )
- AA General Studies (SSAH) to BS Social Work: Complete MC's General Studies SSAH degree.
Use Morgan's Transfer Evaluation System to see how your credits will transfer.
Rhonda Shields, Associate Registrar
Address: 1700 E. Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21251
Morgan State University, founded in 1867, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research institution providing instruction to a multiethnic, multiracial, multinational student body and offering more than 100 academic programs leading to degrees from the baccalaureate to the doctorate. As Maryland's Preeminent Public Urban Research University, Morgan fulfills its mission to address the needs and challenges of the modern urban environment through intense community-level study and pioneering solutions.
Located in a charming residential area of northeast Baltimore near the historic neighborhoods of Morgan Park and Wilson Park, Morgan's impressive, 152-acre campus features state-of-the-art facilities geared toward innovative teaching and learning in the 21st century. The campus, designated as a National Treasure by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, offers a safe and inviting learning environment with easy access to the best the city has to offer: culture, exhibits, dining, shopping, activities, sightseeing and employment. The off-campus opportunities also extend to community projects and civic engagement.
Morgan has graduated more than 50,000 degree candidates since its establishment more than 150 years ago, producing a passionately devoted corps of alumni who have found success in all areas of endeavor, in the U.S. and beyond. Among the nation's most diverse Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and the largest in Maryland, Morgan seeks to ensure that the doors of higher education are opened as wide as possible to as many as possible.
Mount St. Mary's University website new window
Tuition Discount: MC graduates receive a 20% reduced tuition rate for any undergraduate program held at Mount St. Mary's Frederick Campus and through the Graduate, Continuing and Professionals program list.
C3STEM (Community Colleges Collaborating in STEM)new window: C3STEM is a partnership between Mount St. Mary’s University, Frederick Community College, and Montgomery College to support community college transfer students at Mount St. Mary’s University as they prepare for a future career in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). C3STEM provides scholarship funds of $10,000 per year and a comprehensive pre- and post-transfer support system designed to improve student retention and promote placement in a STEM career or graduate education.
- AA Business to BS Business (PDF, )
- AAS Criminal Justice to BA Criminal Justice (PDF, )
- AAS Cybersecurity to BS Cybersecurity (PDF, )
Mount St. Mary’s Admissions
Mount St. Mary’s University, America’s second oldest Catholic university, offers rigorous undergraduate and graduate academics, values-based leadership programs, and two campus locations in Emmitsburg and Frederick.
Honors Agreement: MC students with a 3.5 GPA will receive guaranteed admission to NDMU's Morrissy honors program. Phi Theta Kappa students will receive $2,000 per year at NDMU. NDMU will accept up to 68 credits. MC honors students with a 2.5 GPA can take up to 9 credits with NDMU prior to their start term at NDMU at a reduced cost (at least 50% of the per credit tuition cost).
- AAS in Early Childhood Education Technology to BA in Early Childhood Education/Liberal Arts (PDF, )
- AAT in Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Special Education to BA in Education (PDF, )
- AAT in Elementary Education/Elementary Special Education to BA in Education (PDF, )
NDMU Admissions Counselor
Address: 4701 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21210
For more than a century, Notre Dame of Maryland University’s approach to education has prepared thousands of high performers and instigators of social change. They are consistently responsive to the needs of a student body hungry to learn, and a world hungry for knowledgeable, compassionate leaders. NDMU embodies the pioneering educational tradition and social justice mission that spurred the College of Notre Dame to welcome the first class of women pursuing a four-year baccalaureate degree in 1895.
They offer Maryland’s only women’s college, as well as certificate, undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs for women and men. Their transformative educational model will help prepare you for leadership and success.
- AFA Studio Art to BFA: Fine Arts
- AFA Graphic Design to BFA: Graphic Design and BFA: Illustration
Office of Admissions
Call: 800-689-0379 ext. 1001
Address: 204 N. Prince Street Lancaster, PA 17603
Founded in 1982, PCA&D is a private, non-profit, professional art college offering BFA degrees, certificates, credentials, and curricula that enable students of all ages to pursue art as their life’s work. PCA&D’s mission, affiliations, and accreditations are listed here.
PCA&D’s learning experience teaches students adaptive thinking techniques and effective making skills that result in a deliberate and influential artistic voice. Students engage with an interactive process of concept, construction, critique, and redesign in an immersive experiential environment. Because visual, verbal, and virtual communication is increasingly valued in a global society, our curriculum emphasizes the relationships among thinking, making, and communicating. We transform our students by challenging them to cultivate expansive points-of-view and create sophisticated visual output. The ability to continue to learn and create extends beyond the college experience.
Select the catalog year that you started at MC:
- AA Business to BS Business 2017-2018 (PDF, ) (Accounting, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, New Media Marketing)
- AA Business to BS Business 2018-2019 (PDF, ) (Accounting, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, New Media Marketing)
Marian Nicoletti, Director of Transfer Admissions
Address: One Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623-5603
Whatever your passion, you can master it at RIT. RIT is a place where brilliant minds assemble and collaborate, where they pool together their individual talents across disciplines in service of big ideas and creative solutions.
It is a vibrant community teeming with students collaborating with experts and specialists: a hub of innovation and creativity. It is an intersection of disciplines, a launching pad for a brilliant career, and a highly unique state of mind. It is a perfect environment in which to pursue your passion. Here, the future is envisioned each day. And remade each day after. Imagine the possibilities.
Salisbury University websitenew window
Main Campus Only:
- AA Arts and Science, Community Health Area of Concentration to BS Public Health (formerly Community Health) (PDF, )
Main Campus or Universities at Shady Grove:
- AA Art to BFA Art - Graphic Design: 2021–2022 (PDF, ) 2023–2024 (PDF, )
- 2017-2018 AS Arts and Science, Exercise Science to BS Exercise Science (PDF, )
- 2018-2019 AS Arts and Science, Exercise Science to BS Exercise Science (PDF, )
- Main Campus:
Assistant Director of Freshman Admissions
- Universities at Shady Grove (USG) campus:
Satellite Transfer Specialist
Salisbury University is a premier comprehensive Maryland public university with four privately endowed schools, offering excellent, affordable education in undergraduate liberal arts, sciences, business, nursing, education and social work, and applied master’s and doctoral programs. Their highest purpose is to empower our students with the knowledge, skills and core values that contribute to active citizenship, gainful employment and life-long learning in a democratic society and interdependent world.
The SANS Technology Institutenew window offers career-focused undergraduate and graduate programs on the cutting edge of cybersecurity.
Our programs are distinguished by:
- A world-class faculty of highly skilled practitioners
- Hands-on courses that are continually updated for real-world relevance
- Industry-recognized GIAC certifications earned in each of our programs, along with a SANS.edu cybersecurity degree or certificate
- Innovative online and in-person course delivery options, including 100% online options for all SANS.edu programs
- The proven success of our alumni
The SANS Technology Institute has partnered with Montgomery College, Maryland's largest and most technically advanced community college, to create an affordable, high-quality pathway to a cybersecurity career: the Bachelor of Professional Studies in Applied Cybersecurity (BACS)new window.
A groundbreaking cybersecurity bachelor's degree program, BACS enables students to establish strong academic foundations, develop high-level professional skills, intern with a large-scale cybersecurity monitoring program, and earn 8 industry-recognized GIAC certifications — giving them a powerful advantage in the cybersecurity job market. Students gain foundational technical knowledge and fulfill general education requirements at Montgomery College (70 credits) and complete advanced studies in cybersecurity at SANS.edu (50 credits).
Shenandoah University websitenew window
Guaranteed Admissions Agreement: Complete an AA, AS, or AAS degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for guaranteed admission if you meet Shenandoah's admission requirements.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 540-665-4581
- Address: 1460 University Dr, Winchester, VA 22601
Shenandoah University, established in 1875, is a private, nationally recognized university that blends professional career experiences with liberal education. We invite you to join our close-knit community, which is rich in creative energy and intellectual challenge.
Shenandoah University educates and inspires individuals to be critical, reflective thinkers; lifelong learners; and ethical, compassionate citizens who are committed to making responsible contributions within a community, a nation and the world.
Shepherd University websitenew window
Guaranteed Admission and Scholarshipsnew window: Shepherd University and MC have collaborated to offer you the Transfer Opportunity Program at Shepherd (TOPS) which guarantees your admission to Shepherd upon meeting eligibility requirements and may provide a tuition discount upon transfer.
- AA Arts & Sciences, International Studies to BA Global Studies (PDF, )
- AAS Broadcast Media Production, TV Track to BS Communication and New Media (PDF, )
- AAS Criminal Justice to BS Sociology with Criminal Justice Concentration (PDF, )
- AA in General Studies STEM to Data Analytics (PDF, )
- AA Physical Education Teacher Area of Concentration to BA Physical Education Teaching Field, PreK-Adult (PDF, )
- AS in Science, Chemistry & Biochemistry to BS in Chemistry with Traditional Concentration (PDF, )
- AS in Science, Chemistry & Biochemistry to BS in Chemistry with Biochemical Chemistry Concentration (PDF, )
- AS Science, Environmental Science & Policy to BS Environmental Studies (PDF, )
Search Shepherd's articulation agreementsnew window to see how your credits will transfer.
Yee Lea Cho, Senior Admissions Counselor
Address: P.O. Box 5000, Shepherdstown, WV 25443
Established in 1871, Shepherd University is a public liberal arts college offering more than 90 programs. Set on a 323-acre campus perched high above the Potomac River, Shepherd provides the 3,700 student population a personal touch with a 15:1 student to faculty ratio and an average class size of 20.
Located only 90 minutes from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, the university offers a wide variety of internship and job opportunities in local entrepreneurial initiatives as well as in national and international industries. Shepherd’s safe and convenient location opens a world of vibrant cultural and educational possibilities to students.
Along with many career, study abroad, and honors opportunities, Shepherd is also the home to the Contemporary American Theater Festival, the George Tyler Moore Center for the Study of the Civil War, the Center for Regional Innovation, and the Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education.
- AAS Allied Health Degrees to BS Health Sciences (PDF, )
- AAS Criminal Justice to BS Criminal Justice (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Business Administration (PDF, )
- AAS Health Information Management to BS Health Information Management (PDF, )
- AS Nursing to BS Nursing (PDF, )
Transfer Credit Policy
- Excess general education credits are transferred as free elective credit, if available.
- Information in the transfer agreements serve as a mapping tool for students and is
based upon SNHU Online 2019/2020 Academic Catalog at time of enrollment and this institution’s
equivalent academic year. Transfer equivalents earned prior or
subsequent to this academic year will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis for transfer equivalency.
- Students must earn a grade of C- or better for course transfer.
- Students may transfer up to 90 credits if previous credits earned meet SNHU Online’s degree requirements and academic standards for transfer.
- Students must take at least 30 credits (10 classes) at SNHU Online to be awarded a bachelor’s degree.
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 3,000 on campus students, over 135,000 online students and an alumni network of over 100,000, making it one of the fastest growing universities in the nation. Since its founding in 1932, the University has transformed from a school of accounting and secretarial science into an institution offering over 200 programs, from certificates to doctoral level degrees including business, education, liberal arts, social sciences and STEM. By reinventing higher education to fit the needs of today's students and workforce, SNHU ensures that students are keeping pace with new technologies and professional requirements. SNHU provides unparalleled support and service to help students achieve their dreams and transform their lives and the lives of those around them. SNHU is proud to offer you an exceptional student experience with nationally recognized academic programs.
St. Joseph's College of Maine websitenew window
Michael Harrington, Assistant Director, Health Administration Programs
Stevenson University websitenew window
Stevenson University Online Tuition Discount:
- Preferred-tuition reduction of 20% for Stevenson University Online bachelor’s programs
- Community college specific open houses, on-site instant decision days, education presentations, and transcript evaluations for all students and graduates
- Dedicated and personal Enrollment Counselors with industry-specific knowledge of assigned partnership
- Individual advising sessions with Student Success Coaches to help guide students from application to graduation
- AA Business to BS Business Administration 22-23 (PDF, )
- AS Science, Biological Science Area of Concentration to BS Biology (PDF, )
- AAS in Cybersecurity to BS Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics (PDF, )
Towson University websitenew window
Main Campus Only:
Complete the MC AAS degree for admission to the BTPS program:
- AAS Diagnostic Medical Sonography to BTPS Allied Health
- AAS Health Information Technology to to BTPS Allied Health
- AS Nursing to to BTPS Allied Health
- AAS Physical Therapy Assistant to BTPS Allied Health
- AAS Radiologic Technology to BTPS Allied Health
- AAS Surgical Technology to BTPS Allied Health
Main Campus or Universities at Shady Grove:
- AAT Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education to BS Early Childhood Education (PDF, )
- AAT Elementary Education, Elementary/Special Education to BS Elementary Education, Special Education (PDF, ) (Main Campus and Shady Grove Campus)
Search Towson's Transfer Evaluation Systemnew window to see how your credits will transfer.
Main Campus: Kimberly Cromer, Assistant Director of Admissions
Address: 8000 York Road, Towson, Maryland, 21252-0001
Shady Grove Campus: Kim Casimbon, Site Coordinator for USG
Address: 9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, Maryland, 20850
Towson University offers students the best of both worlds. We have the academic programs and exceptional faculty typical of a large university coupled with the close-knit community and personalized approach of a small college. Research-based learning and practical application ensure that each student gets a well-rounded academic experience. TU’s wide range of programs and extracurricular activities contribute to a dynamic student experience. Students can pursue diverse interests and cultivate undiscovered talents.
The backdrop for learning is TU’s beautiful 329-acre suburban campus, located eight miles north of Baltimore and less than an hour’s drive from Washington, D.C. Throughout the entire region, Towson University’s strong partnerships with public and private organizations provide unique opportunities for research, internships and jobs. The Towson Learning Network extends beyond its main campus to five off-campus locations throughout the state.
Towson University is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland, the 12th-largest public university system in the United States. TU is also a founding member of the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and offers employment opportunities at all levels.
The University of Baltimore websitenew window
Get early access to pre-transfer advising, a transcript evaluation and student services by joining the BeeLine Dual Admission Programnew window.
The Bob Parsons Scholarship Fundnew window can help you complete your bachelor’s degree for free!
Learning format: In-person, online, at USG
Minimum Cumulative GPA Required: 2.0 for these agreements, unless otherwise noted.
Associate's Degree Required: Strongly encouraged, but not required.
Main Campus Only:
- AA Business to BS Business Administration (all specializations), 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies STEM to BS Forensic Studies, 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Paralegal Studies to BS Legal Studies, 2022-2023 (PDF, )
Main Campus or Universities at Shady Grove:
- AAS Computer Gaming & Simulation to BS Simulation and Game Design, 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Diagnostic Medical Sonography, all tracks to BS Health Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AAS Health Information Management to BS Health Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AS Nursing to BS Health Management: Complete the MC AS degree.
- AAS Physical Therapy Assistant to BS Health Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AAS Radiologic Technology to BS Health Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AAS Surgical Technology to BS Health Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
See UB's Transfer Policies and Transfer Equivalency Systemnew window to see how your credits will transfer.
Main Campus: Office of Admissions
Address: Academic Center, Room 117, 1420 N. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21201
Shady Grove Campus:
From its beginnings, The University of Baltimore has granted educational access to a remarkably wide range of students: working adults, first-generation college goers, career changers, and those who require the flexibility not found in traditional college settings.
The University of Baltimore is the public undergraduate, graduate and professional University, located in the heart of the state's largest city (just across the street from Penn Station) and proud to embrace the diversity that is critical to its role as an urban anchor institution. We also offer programs at the Universities at Shady Grove.
Trinity Washington University websitenew window
- AAS Criminal Justice to BS Criminal Justice (PDF, ) . Application fee waived; up to 61 credits accepted.
- AA International Studies to BA Global Affairs 2021–2022 (PDF, )
- AS Nursing to BS Nursing: 2017-2018 (PDF, ) or 2018-2019 (PDF, )
- Students must graduate from MC with an AS degree in Nursing.
- Trinity will accept up to 88 credits for nursing students.
- Application fee waived.
- MSN option available: Three BSN courses can count toward Trinity's Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) if a student enrolls in Trinity's MSN program.
- Students will meet one-on-one with the Trinity nursing academic and faculty advisors to review the curriculum plan and register for courses
Meet the Admissions Staff
Address: 125 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017
Trinity is a comprehensive institution offering a broad range of educational programs that prepare students across the lifespan for the intellectual, ethical, and spiritual dimensions of contemporary work, civic, and family life. Trinity’s core mission values and characteristics emphasize:
- Commitment to the Education of Women in a particular way through the design and pedagogy of the historic undergraduate women’s college, and by advancing principles of equity, justice and honor in the education of women and men in all other programs;
- Foundation for Learning in the Liberal Arts through the curriculum design in all undergraduate degree programs and through emphasis on the knowledge, skills and values of liberal learning in all graduate and professional programs;
- Integration of Liberal Learning with Professional Preparation through applied and experiential learning opportunities in all programs;
- Grounding in the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and the Catholic tradition, welcoming persons of all faiths, in order to achieve the larger purposes of learning in the human search for meaning and fulfillment.
Transfer Live Chatnew window
Trinity Washington University understands what you need to transfer and finish your degree. Take your first step and join us every Wednesday at 5pm to answer your questions.
UMBC websitenew window
Transfer Student Alliancenew window: Offers MC students a variety of benefits, including a guaranteed scholarship of $1,500 for each of two years of full-time study (3.2 GPA and less than 30 credits completed required to apply to TSA).
Raptor to Retriever Transfer Access Programnew window (Shady Grove Campus only): R2R is a transfer access program that streamlines the transfer process between MC and UMBC at USG. The program offers students a structured pathway for attaining an associate degree and a baccalaureate degree.
Honors to Honors Agreement (PDF, ) (Main Campus Only): Students from the MC Honors Programs are guaranteed admission into the Honors College at UMBC if they meet the criteria.
Phi Theta Kappa scholarships may be awarded to MC transfer students of the basis of academic accomplishment. Awards range from $2,000 to $2,500 per year for each of two academic years of study. May be used for full- or part-time study. Students must apply by the priority deadline and must provide proof of PTK membership to be considered.
Main Campus Only:
- AS Arts and Science, Biological Sciences to BS in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (PDF, )
- AS Arts and Science, Biological Sciences to BA in Biology (PDF, )
- AS Arts and Science, Biological Sciences to BS in Biology (PDF, )
- AA Business to BA Management of Aging Services: 2022-2023 (PDF, )
Main Campus and/or University at Shady Grove:
- AA Behavioral Health to BA Social Work: 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AS General Engineering to BS Mechanical Engineering: 2022-2023 (PDF, ) 2023-2024 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA History (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA Political Science (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA Psychology (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA Social Work (PDF, ) : USG program requires a 2.5 GPA.
Universities at Shady Grove Campus Only:
- AS Arts and Science, Biological Sciences to BS Translational Life Sciences Technology: 2017-2018 (PDF, ) or 2018-2019 (PDF, )
- AAS Biotechnology to B.S Translational Life Sciences Technology: 2017-2018 (PDF, ) or 2018-2019 (PDF, )
- Learn more about the Translational Life Sciences Technology (TSLT) program (PDF, ) .
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Computer Science to BS Computer Science, Cybersecurity 2020-2021 (PDF, ) 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- Minimum Cumulative GPA Required: 2.0 for these agreements, unless otherwise noted.
- Associate's Degree: Strongly encouraged, but not required. Students may consider applying
for transfer after having successfully earned 45-50 credits.
- Course Articulation Database – Transfer Evaluation System (TES). new windowSee how MC courses transfer to UMBC.
- Foreign Language Requirement: UMBC has a graduation requirement that all students must complete three semesters of a foreign language. Students can take the courses at MC or UMBC, or can be waived out of the requirement by demonstrating language proficiency through an AP, CLEP or IB exam, or by documenting four years of a language in high school. International students may also request an exemption. Visit L 201 Proficiency and High School Language Levels for more information. The Shady Grove Foreign Language Credit Limit Exemption allows students attending USG to transfer up to 6 credits of foreign language above the 60 credit limit, provided that one of those courses is at the 201-level. Language credits can be completed before or after matriculation at UMBC at Shady Grove.
- Physical Education Requirement Note: Beginning in the Winter 2019 term, both currently enrolled and newly enrolled students at UMBC will no longer be required to take PE courses for their degree.
Shady Grove Campus: Erin Botker, Coordinator of Undergraduate Recruitment
Address: 9630 Gudelsky Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
Life and learning come together at UMBC. Faculty and students strive for the highest levels of accomplishment. In fields from classics and history to molecular biology and computer engineering, students are closely mentored by professors who are recognized leaders in their fields. UMBC also offers countless activities and resources, from state-of-the-art athletic facilities to dance, music and theatre performances. With Baltimore and Washington, DC nearby, there is never a shortage of things to do.
Unuversity of Maryland websitenew window
Contact UMD at USG programsnew window
Maryland Transfer Advantage Programnew window: MTAP provides a pathway for students at Montgomery College and other participating community colleges to earn an undergraduate degree at the University of Maryland (UMD). Students who participate in MTAP have access to transfer advising resources, can take discounted courses at UMD, and are guaranteed admission to the university upon successful completion of the program and submission of a transfer application by the early action application deadline.
Terp Transfer Partnershipnew window: TTP allows students to seamlessly transfer from MC to one of the degree programs offered by UMD at Universities at Shady Grove.
Main Campus Only:
- AA Community Health Sciences to BS Community Health, General and Health Risk Specialization (PDF, )
- AA Community Health Sciences to BS Community Health, Health Communication Specialization Area (PDF, )
- AA Community Health Sciences to BS Community Health, Special Populations Specialization Area (PDF, )
- AA in General Studies (HACL or SSAH) to BA in Journalism (PDF, )
Universities at Shady Grove:
If multiple years are listed, select the catalog year you started at MC.
- AA Business to BS Accounting: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) or 2016-2020 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Management: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) or 2016-2020 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Marketing: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) or 2016-2020 (PDF, )
- AA Communication Studies to BA Communication: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) or 2019-2020 (PDF, )
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Information Sciences and Systems to BS Information Science (PDF, ) : 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AS Data Science to BS in Information Science: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AS General Engineering to B.S. in Biocomputational Engineering: 2020-2021 (PDF, ) , 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AS General Engineering to B.S. Embedded Systems and Internet of Things: 2019-2020 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA Communication: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) or 2017-2018 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA Criminology and Criminal Justice: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) or 2019-2020 (PDF, )
- AA in General Studies - STEM with Data Science Certificate to BS in Information Science: 2019-2020 (PDF, ) 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- AS Public Health Sciences to BS Public Health Science: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) 2018-2019 (PDF, ) 2022-2023 (PDF, )
Course Equivalencies: Visit the UMD transfer credit course equivalency database to see which of your MC courses will be accepted at UMD.
Main Campus: Office of Admissions
Shady Grove Campus: Kathleen Kluetz, Coordinator of Undergraduate Admissions
Additional Transfer Information
- Course equivalencies: See University of Maryland College Park's Transfer Credit Evaluation System new window(TCE) for course equivalencies between MC and UMD. Guide to Using the UMD Transfer Course Databasenew window
- Students majoring in any of the degree programs within the College of Arts and Humanities
must fulfill a Global Engagement Requirementnew window. This may be done by completing a foreign language sequence (or ASLP100+110 American
Sign Language I and II at MC), going on study abroad, or by doing a designated independent
study. This requirement applies to both main campus and students enrolled in the
Communication degree at the Universities at Shady Grove.
- Beginning with the fall 2018 admissions cycle, the UMD will require students to submit
a third party academic evaluation for only post-secondary/university credentials using
either Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or Josef Silny & Associates (JS&A).
Evaluations must be received by the appropriate deadline. Students should submit the
course-by-course evaluation along with original transcript(s) and a certified English
translation of the transcript(s), if applicable. The grade point average calculation
and upper division course designations should also be submitted. If the evaluation
is being completed by JS&A, upper division course designations must be submitted for
students with more than one year of post-secondary/university education completed.
Learn more at International Applicant Requirementsnew window.
- Effective fall 2018, CMSC203 at MC will be accepted as CMSC131 at UMD. Effective spring
2019, CMSC204 at MC will be accepted as CMSC132 at UMD. Students will only get credit
for the equivalencies if they take the class during the initial semester in which
the equivalency is valid. Students who took CMSC203 prior to Fall 2018, or who take
CMSC204 prior to spring 2019, will still be required to take the placement exam. In
addition, students must earn a “C” or better to have those classes transfer.
- Beginning in Fall 2019, Computer Science will become a Limited Enrollment Major. This includes the Computer Science (major code 07010); the Computer Science- Data science (major code 0701B); the Computer Science – Cybersecurity (major code 0701C) and the Computer Science – Machine Learning (major code 0701F) Students beyond their first semester and those off campus wishing to transfer are required to meet the following gateway criteria:
- Completion of CMSC131 with a minimum grade of C- (Grade of C at MC
- Completion of CMSC132 with a minimum grade of C- (Grade of C at MC)
- Completion of MATH 140 with a minimum grade of C- (Grade of C at MC)
- A minimum grade point average of 2.7 in all courses taken at the University of Maryland and all other institutions is required for internal and external transfer students.
- Only one gateway or performance review course may be repeated to earn the required grade and that course may only be repeated once.
- When more than one course can satisfy a gateway requirement, taking a second course from the list will count as a repeat.
- Students may apply only once to an LEP. Students who are directly admitted and fail to meet the performance review criteria will be dismissed from the major and may not reapply.
Hawk Line Programnew window (Universities at Shady Grove Campus): Hawk Line is a transfer access program that streamlines the transfer process between MC and UMBC at USG. The program offers students a structured pathway for attaining an associate degree and a baccalaureate degree.
Honors to Honors Agreementnew window (Main Campus): Graduates of one of MC's Honors Programs, who have completed up to 12 credits in honors courses at MC, will receive up to 12 credits in honors courses at the UMES Richard A. Senson Honors Program.
Universities at Shady Grove Campus Only:
Select the catalog year you started at MC:
- AAS Hospitality Management: Food & Beverage Concentration to BS Hospitality & Tourism Management: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Hospitality Management: Management & Supervision Concentration to BS Hospitality & Tourism Management: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Management of Construction to BS Construction Management Technology: 2018-2019 (PDF, ) , 2022–2023 (PDF, )
Main Campus: UMES Admissions Office
Address: 1 Backbone Road, Princess Anne, Maryland 21853-1299
Shady Grove Campus:
Ruth O'Rourke, Program Director, Hospitality and Tourism Management
David Bowles, Program Director, Construction Management Technology
UMES, the state’s historically black 1890 land-grant institution, has its purpose and uniqueness grounded in distinctive learning, discovery and engagement opportunities in the arts and sciences, education, technology, engineering, agriculture, business and health professions.
UMES is a student-centered, doctoral research degree-granting university known for its nationally accredited undergraduate and graduate programs, applied research, and highly valued graduates.
UMES provides individuals, including first generation college students, access to a holistic learning environment that fosters multicultural diversity, academic success, and intellectual and social growth.
UMES prepares graduates to address challenges in a global knowledge-based economy, while maintaining its commitment to meeting the workforce and economic development needs of the Eastern Shore, the state, the nation and the world.
Universities at Shady Grove Websitenew window
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) offers select degrees from nine top Maryland public universities, all on one convenient campus in Rockville, Maryland. Take your classes at USG, but apply to and earn your degree directly from the university offering your program. You are taught by the same professors, take the same courses, and have the same curriculum as students enrolled in your program at the university’s main campus. In addition, all undergraduate students at USG are transfers, with 75% coming from MC! Explore the MC to USG Pathway.
Transfer Access Programs (TAP) at the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) are designed to exclusively benefit students during their time at Montgomery College (MC).
Transfer Agreements and Special Programs
University of Maryland College Park
If multiple years are listed, choose the year you started at MC.
- Terp Transfer Programnew window
- AA Business to BS Accounting: 2015-2016, (PDF, ) 2016-2020 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Management: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) , 2016-2020 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Marketing: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) , 2016-2020 (PDF, )
- AA Communication Studies to BA Communication: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) , 2017-2018 (PDF, )
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Information Sciences and Systems to BS Information Science (PDF, )
- AS General Engineering to BS in Biocomputational Engineering 2020-2021 (PDF, ) , 2022-2023 (PDF, )
- A.S. General Engineering to B.S. Embedded Systems and Internet of Things: 2019-2020 (PDF, )
- AS General Engineering to BS in Embedded Systems and Internet of Things (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA Communication: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) , 2017-2018 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies to BA Criminology and Criminal Justice: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) , 2019-2020 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies with Data Science Certificate to B.S. Information Science: 2019-2020 (PDF, )
- AS Public Health Sciences to BS Public Health Science: 2015-2016 (PDF, ) , 2018-2019 (PDF, )
University of Maryland Eastern Shore:
- Hawk Line Programnew window
- AA General Studies (SSAH) to BS Hospitality & Tourism Management: 2015-2016, 2017-2018, or 2018-2019
- AAS Hospitality Management Food & Beverage Concentration to BS Hospitality & Tourism Management: 2015-2016, 2017-2018 or 2018-2019
- AAS Management of Construction to BS Construction Management Technology: 2015-2016 or 2018-2019 (PDF, )
- Raptor to Retriever Program new window
- AS Arts and Science, Biological Sciences to BS Translational Life Sciences Technology: 2017-2018 (PDF, ) or 2018-2019 (PDF, )
- AAS Biotechnology to B.S Translational Life Sciences Technology: 2017-2018 (PDF, ) or 2018-2019 (PDF, )
- Learn more about the Translational Life Sciences Technology (TSLT) program (PDF, ) .
University of Baltimore
- AAS Computer Gaming & Simulation to BS Simulation and Game Design (PDF, )
- AAS Diagnostic Medical Sonography, all tracks to BS Health Systems Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AAS Health Information Management to BS Health Systems Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AS Nursing to BS Health Systems Management: Complete the MC AS degree.
- AAS Physical Therapy Assistant to BS Health Systems Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AAS Radiologic Technology to BS Health Systems Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
- AAS Surgical Technology to BS Health Systems Management: Complete the MC AAS degree.
Community College Alliance Program and Completion Scholarshipsnew window: Earn your associate's degree at MC and transfer your credits seamlessly towards your bachelor's degree at UMGC. As a student at MC, you are automatically enrolled in the alliance program. The UMGC Completion Scholarship brings the average cost to complete a bachelor's degree to $12,000 or less.
Computer Literacy requirement: Students wishing to enroll at UMGC should complete CMSC110, or they will be required to take a computer literacy course upon transfer.
- AA Business to BS Business Administration: 2020-2021 (PDF, ) , 2021-2022 (PDF, ) , 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Accounting: 2020-2021 (PDF, ) , 2021-2022 (PDF, ) , 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Human Resource Management (PDF, )
- AA Business to BS Management Studies: 2020-2021 (PDF, ) , 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AAS Hospitality Management, Supervision Track to BS Management Studies: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Hospitality Management, Supervision Track to BS Human Resource Management: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Communication Studies to BS Communication Studies: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Cloud Computing and Networking Technology to BS Cybersecurity Technology: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Computer Science to BS Computer Science: 2021-2022 (PDF, ) , 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Computer Science to BS Software Development and Security: 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Information Sciences and Systems to BS Computer Science: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Information Sciences and Systems to BS Cybersecurity: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Computer Science and Technologies, Information Sciences and Systems to BS Information Systems Management: 2021-2022 (PDF, ) , 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Cybersecurity to BS Computer Networks and Cybersecurity: 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AAS Cybersecurity to BS Cybersecurity Technology: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Cybersecurity to BS Cybersecurity Management and Policy: 2021-2022 (PDF, ) , 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Digital Media and Web Technology to BS Digital Media and Web Technology: 2020-2021 (PDF, ) , 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AAS Architectural/Construction Technology – Management of Construction to BS Business Administration: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies - Integrated Studies Concentration to BS General Studies: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AA Behavioral Health to BS Psychology: 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AA Criminal Justice to BS Criminal Justice: 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AAS Criminal Justice to BS Criminal Justice: 2020-2021 (PDF, ) , 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies: Homeland Security Discipline to BS Homeland Security: 2021-2022 (PDF, )
- AA General Studies SSAH to BS Psychology: 2022–2023 (PDF, )
- AAS Mental Health Associate to BS Psychology: 2020-2021 (PDF, )
Use the UMGC Transfer Credit Evaluation Toolnew window to estimate your undergraduate transfer credits.
University of Maryland Global Campus was founded more than 70 years ago to serve working adults and service members. They're an online state university that offers undergraduate and graduate programs in fast-growing and in-demand fields. With no-cost digital course materials in nearly every course, and locations in Maryland and at military installations around the world, they give you the opportunity to earn a respected degree from just about anywhere life takes you.
Dual Admission Program: MC Nursing students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher education course work and a 2.75 GPA in any prerequisite science courses taken by the time of application to the Dual Admission Program. Students interested in this program must meet with their assigned MC nursing advisor prior to applying for Dual Admission to ensure appropriate course scheduling. See the Dual Admission Information Worksheet (PDF, ) and Prerequisite Course List (PDF, ) .
UMSON Admissions Office
Address: 655 W. Lombard Street, Suite 102, Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland School of Nursing shares a 61-acre campus in downtown Baltimore with the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s five other professional schools—Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Social Work—and the Graduate School. Their campus is conveniently located near the University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, University of Maryland BioPark, and the Baltimore VA Medical Center. They also offer their programs at three locations throughout Maryland, including at the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, Maryland.
Virginia Tech websitenew window
- AA in Computer Science to BS in Computer Science 22-23 (PDF, )
Virginia Tech - Office of Undergraduate Admissions
As the commonwealth's most comprehensive university and a leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers about 110 undergraduate and 170 graduate degree programs to more than 34,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Virginia Tech offers courses on the main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, and at their local facilities in Northern Virginia.
Wells College websitenew window
Students who earn an AA or AS degree at MC with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA will be guaranteed admission to Wells College, provided they complete the transfer admissions process and meet the academic requirements.
Phi Theta Kappa members will receive a $2,000 scholarship. If a student is not a member of PTK but they are in Renaissance Scholars, Montgomery Scholars, Macklin Business Institute or Scholars Circle, and they have at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA, they will receive a $2,000 scholarship. Students transferring to Wells will also receive an additional Transfer Scholarship (inquiries about scholarship amounts should be directed to the Wells College Admissions office).
Melinda Slawson, Assistant Director for Transfer Admissions
At Wells, they welcome students who are, above all, open to learning. Whether that comes in the form of ideas they're not familiar with, experiences that broaden what they're capable of, intellectually-stimulating experiments, or hands-on learning, it all leads to one thing: A global citizen who is ready to take the lead and effect change. Whatever is next in their lives, whether an advanced degree, a focused career, a series of new and varied opportunities, or a lifetime of learning—Wells graduates are ready to live life to the fullest.
There are approximately 500 full-time students enrolled at Wells College. The male-to-female ratio is roughly 4:6. For Fall 2018, approximately 37% of the student body self-identified as students of color.
Wilmington University websitenew window
Office of Admissions
Wilmington University is a private, non-sectarian university which offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a wide range of career areas. The University began with a charter class of 194 students in 1968 and now enrolls a diverse student body numbering more than 18,000 annually.
The program of day, evening, and weekend classes serves traditional high school graduates as well as non-traditional adult students in need of flexible scheduling. Classes are primarily offered in 15-week, 7-week, and weekend modular formats. Introduced in 2005, Fusion programs combine online and face-to-face learning. These programs are designed for students who wish to complete their degree in less time than is possible with traditional courses. Wilmington University’s main campus is located near the cities of Wilmington and historic New Castle, Delaware.
Wilson College websitenew window
Enrollment Agreement and Scholarship Information
MC graduates with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and an AA or AS degree are guaranteed admission to Wilson College.
Any student who graduates from MC will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship, in addition to other merit awards, if the student is full-time with 15 credits and enrolls residentially at WC.
Any student who graduates from MC and is a member of Phi Theta Kappa will be awarded a Presidential Scholarship of $12,000, if the student is full-time with 15 credits and enrolls residentially at WC.
Students may transfer up to 72 credits to Wilson.
Thomas Ruddek, Assistant Director of Transfers
Wilson is committed to providing their students and their families with value in a college education. From their first-in-the-nation student loan buyback program to career development and financial literacy training, they're dedicated to providing an experience that delivers value beyond graduation. With individualized attention, the latest in technology and equipment, and rich traditions, a Wilson education has it all.
York College of Pennsylvania websitenew window
Complete an AA or AS degree with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher for admission if you meet York's admission requirements.
Office of Admissions
Address: 441 Country Club Rd, York, PA 17403-3651
York College is the ideal location from which to launch your best possible future - starting from day one. Size matters. Year after year, our students confirm that York College is ideally-sized: large enough to provide you the same opportunities as a major university and small enough to maintain our strong student focus. Classes are small. Experience-based learning is emphasized. Faculty are enthusiastic subject matter experts, dedicated to both teaching and mentoring. Choose from more than 50 bachelor’s degree programs, or let us help you identify your passion and create a plan.