The Pre-Transfer Academy is a transfer preparation program designed to help students successfully navigate the transfer process. We are committed to engaging students in the transfer process and working to close the equity and racial gaps in the process.
The Pre-Transfer Academy offers:
- Additional funds for books and groceries – eliminating the barriers of added costs that are not typically addressed in financial assistance packages.
- One-on-one advising and mentoring academic, transfer, and social goals.
- Creation of a network of advisors, successful transfer students, and dedicated staff committed to student success.
Workshops and Events for 2023
- Thursday, February 9, 6 p.m., It’s All about the Money Zoom event
- February 27, 28, & March 1, In-Person Transfer Fairs: TP/SS Campus: February 27, 10 a.m.–1 p.m., Rockville Campus: February 28, 10 a.m.–1 p.m., Germantown Campus: March 1, 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
- March 9 noon–1:30 p.m., Celebration, location TBA *canceled due to unforeseen circumstances*
Watch past workshop recordings below.
Pre-Transfer Academy Team
Elizabeth Kirby, Counseling Faculty
Angela Rhoe, Director of Strategic Alliances
Rebecca Razavi, Program Director of Southern Management Leadership
Monroe Howard-Shackelford, Counseling Faculty
End of sidebar