How To Give
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Montgomery College Foundation. Below are several distinct ways you can give. Just click on the box to get more detailed information. Additionally, you can also visit our planned giving website.new window
The Montgomery College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Tax ID number: 52-126-7008.
- Checks: Gifts may be made by check, payable to the Montgomery College Foundation. If you wish
to designate your gift for a specific purpose or an established scholarship fund,
please note this on the subject line of the check or include a letter with your gift.
Mail your check to Montgomery College Foundation, 9221 Corporate Blvd, 3rd Floor,
Rockville, Maryland 20850.
- Credit cards: Gifts via credit card may be made on our secure online giving site: Donate to the MC Foundation. Gifts may be one-time or as scheduled, monthly donations.
- Tribute Gifts (Memorial and Honorary): Gifts can be made in memory and in honor of friends, colleagues, and family members.
The College will notify the person you name that you have made a tribute gift. Please
contact Colleen Dolak, annual fund manager at 240-567-7490 or by email.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: A matching gift from your employer can double or triple your contribution to Montgomery College. Many employers offer matching gift programs, but each company has its own guidelines for employees, spouses, retirees, and widows/widowers. To find out if your employer offers a matching gift program, please contact your Human Resources Department. Please contact Stuart Tart, director of corporate and foundation relations, by email or by phone at 240-567-7494 for details.
Suggested Language for Estate Documents
- Beneficiary Designations: In the case of beneficiary designations (life insurance, 401ks, etc.) please write
"Montgomery College Foundation" where it requests the name of the beneficiary and
"52-126-7008" where it requests the beneficiary's Social Security number.
- To donate a remainder interest in your estate:
"After settling all just debts, expenses and other specific gift provisions, I give, bequeath and devise _______ percent of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to the Montgomery College Foundation (Tax ID 52-126-7008), a charitable corporation presently having offices at 9221 Corporate Blvd., Rockville, MD 20850."
- To donate a specific dollar amount or asset from your estate:
"I give, bequeath and devise $____________________ or ________________ (list specific asset or assets) to the Montgomery College Foundation (Tax ID 52-126-7008), a charitable corporation presently having offices at 9221 Corporate Blvd., Rockville, MD 20850."
The above language is given as a courtesy to donors who are interested in leaving
the Montgomery College Foundation in their estate plans. It is not intended as legal,
accounting, or other professional advice. For assistance in planning charitable gifts
with tax and other financial implications, the services of appropriate advisors should
be obtained. Consult an attorney for advice if your plans require revision of a will
or other legal document. Tax deductions vary based on applicable federal discount
rates, which can change on a monthly basis. Some opportunities may not be available
in all states.
For questions and/or more information, please contact Francene T. Walker, CFRE, Development and Alumni Relations Coordinator, Montgomery College Foundation 9221 Corporate Blvd., 3rd Fl, Rockville, MD 20850 Ph: 240-567-7491 office; 240-393-2118 cell. Or send email.
You can also sign up to receive news updates about MC's Planned Giving.
Personal Property or Services: Such gifts, known as in-kind donations, are accepted if they can be utilized by Montgomery College and after the donation is pre-approved.
For additional information, contact Craig Eozzo, Sr. Campaign Director, at 240-479-1300 or by email.
Corporations and Foundations: Corporate and foundation donors generously provide funds for scholarships, programs, and facilities enhancements. To learn more, please contact Stuart Tart, director of corporate and foundation relations, by email or by phone at 240-567-7494 for details. To see a list of our corporate and foundation donors, please click here.
Community Organizations and Clubs: Many local organizations and clubs are committed supporters of Montgomery College students. Groups such as Rotary and Kiwanis clubs, women's clubs, chambers of commerce, and social clubs often make gifts to support scholarships and student programs. Please contact Colleen Dolak, annual fund manager, by email or by phone at 240-567-7490 for additional information.
Montgomery College Employees: Download a payroll deduction form (PDF, ) . For further information about payroll deduction gifts, please contact Colleen Dolak, annual fund manager, by email, by phone at 240-567-7490, or by land-mail at 9221 Corporate Blvd, 3rd Floor, Rockville, Maryland 20850.
Montgomery College Students: Many students are involved in student fundraisers to benefit scholarships and other funds through student clubs and other organizations. Please contact Colleen Dolak, annual fund manager, by email or by phone at 240-567-7490 before you begin your planning so your club can be successful with your fundraising and help support other students.
Contact our Foundation and Development staff!