Thank you for your interest in sharing the gift of education with Montgomery College students. Whether you choose to support an individual academic program or students with specific needs, your gift makes a difference. Unrestricted gifts provide maximum flexibility to distribute funds as needed. Donors of $25,000 or more may name an endowed or current use scholarship fund. All gifts, large or small, are greatly appreciated.
- Need-Based Scholarships for over 2,000 students each academic year.
- ACES (Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success)new window, which provides interventions and support for students at risk of not making it to college.
- Dreamers Scholarship Fund, which assists high-achieving graduates of Montgomery County Public Schools who came to this country with their families as children and who are undocumented immigrants through no fault of their own.
- Global Humanities Institute (NEH challenge grant), an exciting new initiative to expand the study of diverse countries, peoples, and traditions and thus, equip students with the tools to compete in a global marketplace.
- Innovation Fund, which supports new and creative initiatives by students, faculty and staff that enhance the education of Montgomery College students and improve students’ ability to complete their educations.
- Student Emergency Fund, which provides assistance to students who are facing an immediate crisis.
When you contribute to the Montgomery College Fund, the most flexible distribution fund, your gift goes directly to current students when it is needed most. Your gift will be pooled with others to provide financial aid for tuition, plus a range of other ongoing needs, including up-to-date technology, library resources, career counseling, academic and program support, and more.
Even with Montgomery College's low tuition (compared to state and private universities), many students struggle to meet their financial obligations. Half of all credit students work 20 hours or more per week. Many students support their families while enrolled. Your gift to the Montgomery College Fund helps students in need throughout the year
For Basic Necessities. After paying tuition and fees, many students cannot afford books and materials, which can run into the hundreds of dollars. Your gifts to the Foundation provide book scholarships, art supplies, and other educational materials to students with significant financial aid need.
For Emergencies. Recently, a student lost her computer, books, and nursing uniform in a house fire. The MC Foundation was able to replace those items through use of unrestricted gifts and a student assistance fund. The assistance allowed her to stay in school. Annual gifts also provide emergency scholarships to students whose parents have lost jobs or experienced other family traumas.
For Students with Disabilities. Instead of using traditional study tools, blind students take MP3 recorders/players, purchased with unrestricted gift funds, to record lectures they can later review at home. Gifts have provided mental health services for students coping with issues of loss or tragedy.
To Secure Credentials. Part-time faculty were able to pursue (required) certifications that enhance the College's national accreditation in two health sciences programs. Overall, this strengthens the program for students in the area seeking affordable, high-quality education and career training.
Contribute to the general scholarship fund or one of the 400+ existing scholarships within the Montgomery College Foundation. Or start your own scholarship fund with a gift of $25,000 or more, perhaps in honor or in memory of a friend or family member.