Choose Where Your Gift Goes
Thank you for your interest in sharing the gift of education with Montgomery College students. Whether you choose to support an individual academic program or students with specific needs, your gift makes a difference. As a donor, your gift can go to any existing program or area of support that you wish to support.
- Give Where the Need is Greatest
- Give to a Scholarship Fund
- Start Your Own Named Scholarship
- Give to a Program or Other Area of Support
Unrestricted gifts to the Montgomery College Fund provide maximum flexibility so we can distribute funds as needed. All gifts, large or small, are greatly appreciated. Donate now.
Your gift will be pooled with others to provide financial aid for tuition, plus a range of other ongoing needs, including up-to-date technology, library resources, career counseling, academic and program support, basic needs, emergency assistance, and more.
By donating to a general or specific scholarship fund, you're helping students realize their dreams. On the donation form, select "Give to a Scholarship Fund."
Priority Scholarship Funds
Our priority funds listed here are most in need of your support right now.
- General Scholarships are awarded to students based on need each academic year. Scholarships averaged about $1,300 in the 2019-2020 academic year with a minimum award of $500. We received approximately 4,700 applications and made more than 2,300 awards.
- Presidential Scholars will be open to students of all backgrounds who are committed to increasing the college completion rates of African American men and to increasing the representation of African American men in high workforce need areas. The program will provide financial aid support, academic support, student support services, and internal and external mentors to students who reflect its stated commitment and program goals.
- Dreamers Scholarship assists high-achieving graduates of Montgomery County Public Schools who came to this country with their families as children and who are undocumented immigrants through no fault of their own.
- Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE) Scholarships are designed for students pursuing career path courses with the intention to obtain entry-level employment.
- Athletic Scholarships: As a member of National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Division I sports may grant full athletic scholarships (tuition, books, fees, room and board), up to $250 in course required supplies and transportation costs one time per academic year, to and from the college by direct route.
- ACES (Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success)new window is a collaborative effort among Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery College and the Universities at Shady Grove, designed to provide students with a seamless and supportive pathway to a bachelor’s degree.
Contribute to one of the 400+ existing scholarships within the Montgomery College Foundation. If you know of an existing scholarship you would like to support, just type the name in the field provided on the donation form. If you have further questions, please contact Noah Saposnik, annual fund director, at 240-567-4108 or by email.
Start your own named scholarship fund with a gift of $25,000 or more, payable over one to five years. Corporations, foundations, or associations can also set up such a fund. Multiple individuals or organizations can give to named funds. Named funds can be established for current use or as an endowment.
If you are a current or retired employee of the College, you can establish a named scholarship with a minimum gift of $10,000, payable over one to five years.
For more information on establishing a named scholarship fund, please contact Montgomery College Foundation at 240-567-7900.
Montgomery College offers many donor-supported programs to foster student success. These include:
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Emergency assistance programs
- Presidential Scholars Program
- Macklin Business Institute (MBI) Lab and Software Endowment
- ACES (Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success)