Outside Scholarship Disclaimer
Montgomery College publicizes information from various businesses, foundations, and civic organizations about scholarships they offer to students. The College is not affiliated with these groups and does not endorse their products or services. Never pay a fee to apply for a scholarship. The links are active at the time the information was received. If you find a link not working, please try to search by the name of the scholarship and also alert our office.
Herb Block Foundation Scholarshipsnew window—Deadlines: June 1 for fall semester and November 10 for spring semester. Established in 2005, The Herb Block Scholarship provides financial assistance to high school graduates, community college students, and adult learners who wish to continue their studies at Washington, D.C. area community colleges.
LA Tutors 123 Innovation in Education Scholarship—Deadline: 20th of each month. Entrants must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (e.g., a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.) and must submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation. Entrants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or the equivalent) and be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)new window—Provides information on how students can register to determine if they qualify for any of the more than 400 scholarships, internships, and fellowship programs that UNCF offers. All students of color, including Hispanic, Asian and Native American students can apply. For additional information visit the website, then select “for students” and “scholarships” to start the registration process).
P.E.O. Sisterhood (Philanthropic Educational Organization) (PDF, ) —PEO provides educational grants (scholarships) and loans to women in all aspects of their collegiate experience. See PEO Project and Philanthropiesnew window for more information.
House Painter Today Scholarshipnew window—Deadline December 15, 2022
- Open to undergraduate, graduate, and incoming students
- Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada
- Minimum GPA: 2.5. Proof of your GPA and eligibility will be required before awarding.
Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awardsnew window—Deadline November 15, 2022. Before going any further, make sure you are eligible. You are eligible to apply if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Addictions.com Scholarship Contest Opportunitynew window—December 16, 2022. In order to participate in the scholarship, applicants must meet the following:
- Must be currently enrolled or planning to attend in Spring 2023
- If currently attending the student must not be on academic probation
- Deadline for submission is 12/16/2022
- Scholarship will be awarded January 2023
All details can be found here: https://www.addictions.com/scholarship/new window
Se Foundation-Community College Scholarshipnew window- offers a one-time $3,000 scholarship. Eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a member of Educational Systems Federal Credit Union2
- A full-time community college student attending College of Southern Maryland, Montgomery College or Prince George’s
- Community College and returning for the following academic school year at the same school
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
For additional information and application details can be found at SupportEducation.org new window- Deadline to apply is April 1.