CMP 212 - Linux / Unix Level I
Registration Option: Open Enrollment
Total Course Hours: 12
Materials: You must purchase Textbook(s)/ materials and bring them to the first class
Linux, an open source implementation of UNIX, is a multi-user, multi-tasking operating system that powers much of the Internet, including services such as DNS, e-mail, and the World Wide Web. Discover the fundamentals of Linux and learn the essentials of the file system, command line interface, and basic utilities. By the end of the course, you will be able to manage an account and be functional and productive on UNIX-based operating systems. This is a hands-on course using the popular Ubuntu (ubuntu.com) Linux distribution.
Prerequisites: Keyboarding skills and some knowledge of operating systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of Linux/UNIX operation systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the file system, command line interface, and basic utilities.
- Manage an account on most Linux/UNIX variants.
- Computer Networks
- Networking Fundamentals
- ITI Networking Academy
- Cisco CCNA Complete
- Cisco CCNA Complete Lab
- Computer Support Specialist - MCSA Windows 10
- MCSA: Installing and Configuring Windows Windows Server 2012 (test#70-410)
- MCSA Windows Server 2017 Certification
- Microsoft Certified Specialist in Windows 10
- Linux / Unix Level I
- Linux / Unix Level II
- Linux / Unix System Administration
- Network+ Certification Training and Test Prep
- Security+ Certification Training and Exam Prep
- Python for Professionals