CMP 214 - Linux / Unix System Administration
Registration Option: Open Enrollment
Total Course Hours: 12
Materials: You must purchase Textbook(s)/ materials and bring them to the first class
Linux and UNIX power most of the most powerful supercomputers in the world today (top500.org). This introductory course in Linux/UNIX system administration emphasizes administration of systems rather than their use from an end-users point of view. Topics covered include system installation and configuration, user and group administration, service management, software installation, package management, and security. This is a hands-on course using the popular Ubuntu (ubuntu.com) Linux distribution.
Prerequisites: Linux/Unix--Levels I and II or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of system administration in Linux/UNIX with emphasis on installation and configuration
- Demonstrate an understanding of user administration, and service management.
- Install new software.
- Computer Networks
- Networking Fundamentals
- ITI Networking Academy
- Cisco CCNA Complete
- Cisco CCNA Complete Lab
- Computer Support Specialist - MCSA Windows 10
- MCSA: Installing and Configuring Windows Windows Server 2012 (test#70-410)
- MCSA Windows Server 2017 Certification
- Microsoft Certified Specialist in Windows 10
- Linux / Unix Level I
- Linux / Unix Level II
- Linux / Unix System Administration
- Network+ Certification Training and Test Prep
- Security+ Certification Training and Exam Prep
- Python for Professionals