Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Prepare to Pass the Updated CIA® Exam.
Get unparalleled CIA Exam Prep with Montgomery College. Enroll in our CIA Review Course!
Montgomery College will be partnering with The IIA to offer online CIA® review classes using The IIA’s CIA Learning System®, Version 7.0. An expert instructor will lead you through the global CIA exam syllabus in a structured and interactive class environment to ensure you understand and can apply the critical CIA topics.
Why Become A Certified Internal Auditor?
As the only globally recognized certification for internal auditors, the Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) designation shows you are an internal audit leader, and helps you:
- Distinguish yourself from your peers.
- Demonstrate your expertise and proficiency.
- Prove you understand and can apply the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Take advantage of career-advancing opportunities.
- Take advantage of the knowledge, experience and advice of our expert instructor.
- Study the CIA exam syllabus at a manageable pace so you can absorb and understand the material, leading to success on the exam.
- Learn the CIA exam syllabus and apply the concepts with The IIA’s CIA Learning System, Version 7.0, included with registration.
- Stay on track to achieving your CIA goal with structured classes and study activities.
- Network with other internal audit professionals and discuss exam topics from a variety of perspectives.
The IIA CIA Preparation is offered in 3 Parts. View upcoming sessions below:
CIA Part 1 - TBA
CIA Part 1: Essentials of Internal Auditing
- Course: MGT655
- CRN# tba
- Dates: tba
- Time: tba
- Location: Online, Structured Remote
CIA Part 2 - Spring 2024
CIA Part 2: Practice of Internal Auditing
- Course: MGT656
- CRN# 33670
- Dates: January 16 - February 1, 2024
- Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Online, Structured Remote
- Investment: $300 + $339 = $639; non-MD residents add $200
CIA Part 3 - TBA
CIA Part 3: Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing
- Course: MGT657
- CRN #TBD
- Dates: TBD
- Times: TBD
- Location: TBD
Structured remote sessions will meet online at a designated meeting date and time, live with your instructor.
Why Choose Montgomery College and the IIA’s CIA Learning System?
- Trusted Leader: The IIA’s team of CIA-certified industry leaders created and continue to update the flexible and comprehensive CIA Learning System — so candidates are prepared to pass the CIA exams.
- Preparation & Certification: Prepare for all three parts of the CIA exam with materials from the standard-setter, principal educator, and governing body of the CIA designation.
- Mobile Study Tools: Study at work, at home, or in between using e-books and mobile-optimized online quizzes and study tools.
- Ongoing Feedback: Web-based study tools provide immediate feedback, answer rationale, and provide performance reports, focusing your attention on topics that require further review.
- Practice Exams: The online CIA Practice Exams emulate the software used by CIA testing centers to build your confidence.
- Customized Training Options: Tailor your training based on your personal preferences and schedule.
Premium Quality Course Materials
This course is based on all-new, redesigned IIA’s CIA Learning System®, Version 7.0, the only CIA review program created and endorsed by The IIA. This Learning System is an interactive review program, combining reading materials and online study tools to teach and reinforce all three parts of the entire global CIA exam. It is continuously updated to align with latest industry standards, including the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (the Standards). Get more details at www.LearnCIA.com.
As part of your course registration, you’ll receive access to the following study tools:
Comprehensive Reading Materials
- Materials teach the entire global 3-part CIA exam syllabus:
- Part 1: Essentials of Internal Auditing
- Part 2: Practice of Internal Auditing
- Part 3: Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing
- Download books to your e-reader, read online, or use printed books.
- Topics presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format.
- Newly updated program teaches the latest CIA exam syllabi.
- Aligned with the current standards.
Interactive Online Study Tools
- Pre-test evaluates current knowledge and identifies topics requiring intensive study.
- SmartStudy™ tools help you create a customized study plan.
- Video tutorial provides an overview of the IPPF components.
- Quizzes, incorporating 500 new questions, test your comprehension and ability to apply concepts.
- Flashcards offer review of key terms and definitions.
- Post-test gages knowledge gained and identifies areas requiring further study.
- CIA Practice Exam helps build confidence using the computer-based CIA exam software.
- Progress report tracks activities and scores.
- Online study tools are optimized for mobile devices.
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) administers the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Exam. This computer-based test is offered year-round
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) administers the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Exam. This computer-based test is offered year-round, in 19 languages and over 800 locations in 150 countries around the world through Pearson VUE testing centersnew window. The CIA designation is the only globally accepted certification for internal auditors and remains the standard by which individuals demonstrate their competency and professionalism in the internal auditing field.
Recertification: CIAs must complete and report 40 hours of CPE by December 31 of each year
Number of Exam Parts: Three (starting July 1, 2013)
Format of the Exam: Computer-based, available year-round through Pearson VUE:
- Part 1: 125 multiple-choice questions; 2.5 hours
- Part 2: 100 multiple-choice questions; 2.0 hours
- Part 3: 100 multiple-choice questions; 2.0 hours
Certification Handbook: Click herenew window to download The IIA's Certification Candidate Handbook.
Full Course Description:
Prepare to earn the most sought-after credential in the global internal audit profession! Become a Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®), the optimum way to communicate knowledge, skills, and competencies to effectively carry out professional responsibilities for any internal audit, anywhere in the world. Our expert instructors will lead you through the entire global CIA exam syllabus in a structured and interactive environment to ensure you understand and can apply the critical CIA topics. The CIA Prep Course is based on the IIA’s New CIA Learning System which has been updated and enhanced to teach the entire 3-Part CIA exam syllabus. This premier CIA Exam preparation and professional development program delivers the global CIA exam syllabus in a blended learning format of customized workbooks and web-based learning software.
- Class Information / Schedule / Cost
- Online: Online Registration Information
- Fax: Download, print and complete this Registration Form (PDF, ) , and fax with payment information to 240-683-6945.
- Mail: Download, print and complete this Registration Form (PDF, ) and mail with payment to: Montgomery College, WDCE, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland 20850.
- Registration deadline: Open until the class is full.
- Cancellation policy: Registration Information and Policies
- The Institute of Internal Auditors Websitenew window
- CIA Exam: Why, How and What Is Changing January 2019new window
- CIA® Exam Syllabusnew window
- Schedule Computer-based testing at a Pearson VUE testing centernew window
- The IIA’s Certification Candidate Handbook: download herenew window.