Six Sigma is a set of management techniques intended to improve business processes by greatly reducing the probability that an error or defect will occur.
Montgomery College currently offers two Six Sigma courses. Students receive a certificate of completion upon completing the course. After completion, students would be eligible to complete a certification exam specific to the type of preparation completed.
Six Sigma Green Belt Professional
Learn skills that will allow you to effectively drive process improvement efforts within your organization as a Six Sigma Green Belt professional. This course will focus on the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of knowledge as identified by the American Society for Quality (ASQ). You will become proficient in the analytical tools needed to execute the Six Sigma Methodology of Define, Measure, Analyze and Control (DMAIC). Quantitative and qualitative exercises that will ensure application and retention of complex process improvement tools and techniques will be reviewed. You will be prepared to sit for the ASQ SSGB certification exam after successful completion of this course.
Prerequisites: 3 years of professional work experience, some algebra knowledge. You must purchase textbook(s)/materials and bring them to the first class.
Required Textbook: The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook, 2nd Edition. ISBN: 978-0873898911
- Course: MGT596, CRN# 34577
- Dates: February 29 – March 18, 2020 (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays)
- Time: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Monday and Wednesday); 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Saturday)
- Location: Rockville Campus
- Investment: $450.00 tuition + $425.00 fees = $875.00
- Non-Maryland Residents add $400.00
Lean/Six Sigma Yellow Belt
This course prepares you to participate in process improvement events and projects, and is the first stepping stone towards Green and Black Belt Certifications. The Yellow Belt certification provides an introduction to the techniques of Continuous Process Improvement (CPI), its metrics, and basic improvement methodologies. Learn the Theory of Constraints as a toll for identifying bottlenecks and constraints that keep systems/processes from achieving a desired level of performance. Experience the effects of system dynamics by participating in several hands-on simulations.
- Course: MGT412, CRN# TBA
- Dates: TBD
- Time: TBD
- Location: TBA
- Investment: $320.00 tuition + $100.00 fees = $420.00
- Non-Maryland Residents add $225.00
- Class Information / Schedule / Cost
- Online: Online Registration Information
- Fax: Download, print and complete this WDCE Registration Form (PDF, ) , and fax with payment information to 240-567-1877
- Mail: Download, print and complete this WDCE Registration Form (PDF, ) and mail with payment to: Montgomery College, WDCE, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland 20850
- Registration deadline: Open until the class is full
- Cancellation policy: Registration Information and Policies