Academic Programs & Courses
Montgomery College’s rigorous academic programs are designed to engage, inspire, and enable you to achieve your dreams. MC offers thousands of challenging classes across a wide variety of credit and noncredit programs.
Special Features and Opportunities
- Take College Classes in High School: Our Dual Enrollment Program allows select students to enroll in college courses while still attending high school.
- Get Credit for Prior Learning: You can earn credit and advanced standing for knowledge you've gained outside the classroom.
- Transfer to a Four-Year College: Nearly 5,000 MC students transfer every year to four-year colleges and universities.
- Apprenticeship Programs: Find training and apprenticeship programs in building, construction, automotive, and other trades. MC is a member of the Registered Apprenticeship-College Consortium.
- Youth Programs: These courses range from art and music to math and science. Browse through dozens of fun and engaging classes for children and teens.
Montgomery College honors, scholars, and entrepreneurial programs create exciting and academically rewarding experiences for students. They allow students to discover their talents and interests through courses, seminars, independent study, internships, service-learning opportunities, and social and cultural activities. Find out more about the general honors programs at MC.
The Renaissance Scholars and Montgomery Scholars Programs are selective-admissions honors programs. The Scholars Circle allows high-achieving students to design their own honors curriculum.
The Gordon and Marilyn Macklin Business Institute is a competitive, college-wide program. It offers business students the chance to pursue honors work in business, economics, and accounting.
The Southern Management Leadership Program is a three-year scholarship and educational program. It supports, develops, and graduates ethical leaders who want to energize and give back to their local communities. Students complete their associate's degree at MC and their bachelor's degree at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Support Programs and Learning Centers
Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success (ACES) is a collaborative effort between MC, MCPS, and the Universities at Shady Grove. It provides a seamless path to a bachelor's degree. ATPA is our Achieving the Promise Academy. This collegewide academic program keeps students on track to complete their degrees.
A mentor–a peer, a teacher, a staff member–can provide support and direction to help you succeed at MC and beyond. Find out about the Peer Mentoring Program, Men Empowering Network (M.E.N), Sister 2 Sister, and more.
Academic learning centers are located on each campus. They offer tutoring, workshops, technology access, review sessions, and other services and support. All of this helps students meet the rigors of academic coursework.