Applied Technologies, Gudelsky Institute for Technology Education, and Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Vice President/Provost George Payne oversees credit and noncredit programs across applied technologies, the Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education, and Workforce Development and Continuing Education.
Programs in applied technologies and the Gudelsky Institute include credit, noncredit, and co-listed courses in architecture, construction management, geography, landscape technology, interior design, automotive technology, building and construction technology, computer publishing technology, and workforce technologies.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education programs include business, information technology and safety, adult English language and GED programs, and community education and extended learning.
Who We Are
Office Location: Rockville Campus, MK
BiographyMr. George Payne is Vice President and Provost for Applied Technologies, the Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education, and Workforce Development & Continuing Education. He has a BS and an MEd from the University of Maryland. Mr. Payne has an MBA from Frostburg State University and he has earned an MS from the University of Maryland University College.
- Adult ESOL and Basic Skills for College and Careers, Donna Kinerney, Collegewide Dean
- Applied Technologies and Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education, Ed Roberts, Collegewide Dean
- Chantal Vilmar, Department Chair
- Business, Information Technology, and Safety, Steve Greenfield, Collegewide Dean
- Community Education and Extended Learning, Dorothy Umans, Collegewide Dean
Other Academic Units
- Arts, Business, Education, English, and Social Sciences (ABEESS)
- Communications, Health Sciences, Health and Physical Education, and Humanities (CHSHPEH)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)