Applied Technologies, Gudelsky Institute for Technology Education, and Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Vice President/Provost George Payne oversees credit and noncredit programs across applied technologies, the Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education, and Workforce Development & Continuing Education.
Programs in applied technologies and the Gudelsky Institute include credit, noncredit, and co-listed courses in architecture, construction management, geography, landscape technology, interior design, automotive technology, building and construction technology, computer publishing technology, and workforce technologies.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education programs include business, information technology and safety, adult English language and GED programs, and community education and extended learning.
Who We Are
Office Location: Rockville Campus, MK
BiographyMr. George Payne is Vice President and Provost for Applied Technologies, the Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education, and Workforce Development & Continuing Education. He has a BS and an MEd from the University of Maryland. Mr. Payne has an MBA from Frostburg State University and he has earned an MS from the University of Maryland University College.
- Adult ESOL and Basic Skills for College and Careers, Donna Kinerney, Collegewide Dean
- Applied Technologies and Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education, Ed Roberts, Collegewide Dean
- Chantal Vilmar, Department Chair
- Business, Information Technology, and Safety, Steve Greenfield, Collegewide Dean
- Community Education and Extended Learning, Dorothy Umans, Collegewide Dean
Other Academic Units
- Arts, Business, Education, English, and Social Sciences (ABEESS)
- Communications, Health Sciences, Health and Physical Education, and Humanities (CHSHPEH)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)