Education and Psychology Department
The early childhood education technology associate of applied science (AAS) degree program is now available fully online. This online program will follow the same curriculum and will be taught by the same faculty who teach on-site.
Welcome to the Education and Psychology Department at the Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campuses! We are committed to providing dynamic educational experiences and training that will prepare you to pursue your intellectual and professional interests while contributing to the wider community.
Our education program supports teacher preparation in both early childhood education and K-12 teaching. We can help you prepare to transfer to a four-year teacher education program. We also offer courses if you are seeking certification or re-certification.
The psychology discipline will expose you to a wide array of challenging courses that will prepare you for a variety of future endeavors. Working with both teaching and advising faculty, you can tailor an educational experience to accomplish a variety of educational goals—including transfer to a four-year institution, completion of curriculum requirements, or career enhancement.
Our department brings together outstanding faculty, staff, and students in an environment committed to growth and diversity.Meet Our Faculty and Staff
Degrees and Certificates
- Early Childhood Education Technology AAS Degree
- Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Special Education AAT Degree
- Elementary Education/Elementary Special Education AAT Degree
- Secondary Education–English AAT Degree
- Secondary Education–Mathematics AAT Degree
- Secondary Education–Physics AAT Degree
- Secondary Education–Spanish AAT Degree
- Secondary Education-Chemistry AAT Degree
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
Courses by Subject
Noncredit Courses and Training
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.