Call for Entries
Montgomery College's Department of Visual and Performing Arts is seeking performing artists to submit proposals for our Master Artists’ Performance Series. We are curating dynamic and innovative performances that engage and challenge student audiences and community members. Performances should reflect the diversity of contemporary performance. Teaching artists with an Interdisciplinary and/or global approach are particularly welcomed.
The deadline for proposals is Monday, May 1, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Eligible artists should have a strong background in performance art and a proven track record of producing high-quality work. Musicians, dancers or dance troupes, actors, improv artists, directors, screenwriters, comedians, circus artists, jugglers, mixed media artists or any combination thereof are invited. Proposals should include a detailed project description, estimated budget, technical requirements, and samples of previous work.
- This call is for any artist over the age of 18
- All submitted works must be included with permission of the artist
- Please clearly indicate performance instructions on the application if the performance requires special support
- Due to the varied responsibilities of our staff members, please indicate on application if any performance will alter our facilities
The performance facilities at Montgomery College TPSS Campus are in the Cultural Arts Center and Cafritz Arts Center, those include:
- Theatre 1, a 500-seat proscenium hall
- Theatre 2, a 116-seat studio with modified thrust
- CU Lab/Gallery, 1200 sq. ft. flexible 70-seat capacity
- CU Dance Studio, large bright windows, and Marley floor with 45-person capacity
- The Cafritz (CF) atrium and the Cultural Arts Center (CU) lobby as well as the outdoor courtyard.
- The Arts Centers are supported by a Venue Manager, Production Manager and theatre technicians as needed in support, dependent upon needs.
- The spaces are equipped with audio, lighting and video technology as needed (including streaming capability). The two main theaters are equipped with Yamaha audio consoles, ETC lighting control, full conventional lighting, and NewTek broadcast equipment with cameras.
- Any and all logistical needs are required to be communicated prior to the event.