Spotlight on Our Board
Bill joined the Montgomery College Foundation Board of Directors in 2005, where he
immediately began applying his professional experience to his role on the Real Estate
Committee. During his tenure as chair of that committee, he facilitated the location
of Holy Cross Hospital on the Germantown Campus and the acquisition of the Central
Services Building on Corporate Boulevard in Rockville. Bill remains a member of the
Real Estate Committee.
Bill retired from LCOR Inc. in 2018 after 37 years with the real estate development, investment and management company. In this role he was responsible for LCOR’s Washington, DC office and rose to become Executive Vice President and one of the four senior principals of the company. He also served on the company’s Executive Committee for almost two decades.
Bill holds a bachelor’s degree from Lafayette College and a master’s degree in international
relations from the University of Pennsylvania. He established the Pamela R. Hard General
Nursing Scholarship in 2016. In 2022, he established the Pamela Hard, RN Nursing Lab
in memory of his late wife. He is the father of three grown children and the grandfather
- YOUR FAVORITE LOCAL SPORTS TEAM? Hard one for me, because the Philadelphia Eagles are my favorite by far. Local team would the Nats - I like baseball.
- YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT LUNCH AROUND THE COLLEGE? Brooklyn’s Deli (which is not particularly close to the College).
- THE LAST GOOD MOVIE YOU SAW? Spotlight
- YOUR FAVORITE PIECE OF ADVICE TO GIVE? Learn to listen well. It is how we learn and shows respect for another’s thoughts.
- THE FIRST CAR YOU REMEMBER DRIVING? Green 1958 Chevy Belair (it was owned by my grandmother).
- YOUR FAVORITE SPORT TO PLAY (OR FAVORITE PASTIME)? Golf.
- THE JUNK FOOD YOU FIND MOST IRRESISTIBLE? All cakes and pies!
- THE BEST CONCERT YOU’VE ATTENDED? James Taylor and Carol King.
- AN ADJECTIVE YOUR FRIENDS WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE YOU? Kind (I hope)
- YOUR BIGGEST GLOBAL WISH? Accepting all people for who they are.
Find Out More About These MC Foundation Board Members:
- Steve Roberts
- Anne Gunsteens
- Mike Paukstitus
- Erica L. Webber
- Morgan Sullivan
- Steve McAuliffe
- Ashley Cheng
- Bill Hard