Spotlight on Our Board
When Morgan Sullivan joined the foundation in 2014, he was adding an important responsibility to a life already packed with deep commitments to his family, his career, and the community. Professionally, Morgan is a senior managing director at JLL (formerly Jones Lang LaSalle) where he begins his twenty-fifth year. Close to home, Morgan is the chair of the Development and Impact Committee for the Montgomery College Foundation and is a member of the Golf and Tennis Committee, which, over the past few years, has been responsible for raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for unrestricted scholarships.
Reading the roster of Morgan’s volunteer commitments you wouldn’t think he has time to sleep, let alone juggle his professional responsibilities while remaining a committed family man. He’s the vice chair of Rockville Economic Development, Inc.; serves on the executive board of the National Capital Area Council of the Boys Scouts of America; and serves on the boards of directors for the Greater Washington Community Foundation, PEERLESS Rockville, Inc., and Christ Episcopal School. Additionally, he is a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Maryland Trust for Historic Preservation, the Potomac Conservancy, and the National Eagle Scout Association. Still, he is as focused on spending time with his wife and four children (ages 19, 18, 17, and 4) as he is on his community and his role at JLL. Undoubtedly, he is a board member quite deserving of our spotlight.
- Your favorite local sports team? University of Maryland Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse Teams.
- Your favorite place to eat lunch around the College? Il Pizzico (founded and owned by a Montgomery College alumnus!) Xi’an Gourmet, and Giuseppi’s Pizza.
- The last good movie you saw? Whiplash.
- Your favorite piece of advice to give? Be the first one in, and the last one out.
- Your favorite sport to play (or favorite pastime)? Anything that has to do with being outdoors with my family.
- The junk food you find most irresistible? Sweets….and sweets.
- The best concert you’ve attended? The Who, at the Capital Center, in 1979!
- Your biggest global wish? That all who desire can experience economic mobility through higher education.
Find Out More About These MC Foundation Board Members:
- Steve Roberts
- Anne Gunsteens
- Mike Paukstitus
- Erica L. Webber
- Morgan Sullivan
- Steve McAuliffe
- Ashley Cheng
- Bill Hard